Apex Legends has had some interesting play outside of the bound of the game for a long time. There used to be a time players could be in Out of Bounds for 30 seconds and shoot down at other players from their sneaky little perch. When the timer was cut to 15 seconds (or 5 in Arenas), that lessened a lot. Now, players will not even be able to do that. Here is how Out of Bounds play has changed in Apex Legends Season 13: Saviors.
Changes to Out of Bounds in Season 13
- Players can no longer use Legend abilities while Out of Bounds
- Weapons cannot be shot or otherwise used
- Ordinances cannot be thrown
- Survival Items cannot be activated
- Healing Items cannot be used
- But they can still finish if a player started using them while still In Bounds
- Active Passive abilities (e.g.: Valkyrie’s Jet Pack, Seer’s Heart Sensor) will be disabled
These changes take the strategic plays out of the Out of Bounds sections of each map and really encourage players to just get back into the In Bounds section of the game, rather than utilizing their Out of Bounds time window for anything else.
For more Apex Legends content, check out Fully-Kitted Gold Weapon rotation for Apex Legends Season 13: Saviors on Pro Game Guides.