Besides the new Caldera map, significant in-game changes and rework are planned for Call of Duty: Warzone. The popular Battle Royale is getting rebranded as Warzone Pacific with the Vanguard integration at the start of Season One.
This guide briefly explains what new changes players can expect from the new Warzone Pacific update. The modifications will be applied to weapons, equipment, field upgrades, contracts, and other game mechanics.
Field Upgrades and Equipment:
- Dead Silence is getting nerfed.
- Stopping Power field upgrades are no longer a part of the game.
- Nerfs to Tacticals, including Stun Grenades and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Buffs to Tacticals including Snapshot Grenades, Decoy Grenades, and Stims.
- Buffs to most Lethals. They deal more damage now.
- Nerfs to dual-wield Melee, including Kali Sticks and Sai.
- Nerfs to gun-butting, i.e., punching people with weapons, is less effective.
- Integration of 40 new weapons from Vanguard.
- Gas Canisters can be ignited and thrown at or delivered to enemies. They release toxic gas on explosions which deal damage.
Other crucial changes:
- Players can now move through shallow waters. Crouching in the water automatically activates the Cold-Blooded perk.
- New Contracts across Caldera which grant cash and XP:
- Supply Drop Contract - Drops a "valuable crate" on the island which you or anyone can grab.
- Big Game Bounty - Eliminate the player with the highest kills in the match.
- Top Secret Contract - Better rewards (more to be announced soon).
- New public events such as Restocks, Resurgence, Cash Drops, and Weapon Crates.
- Loadout Drop Markers can only be bought after the scheduled Loadout Drop event during the match.
- After winning the 1v1 fight in Gulag, you redeploy with the weapons you fought with.
- Gas Mask interaction is smoother and less interfering with other actions.
- New playlists and game modes. Rebirth Island stays and will be reintroduced sometime in Season One.
While players will be able to access all weapons, vehicles, and items from Black Ops and Modern While players will be able to access all weapons, vehicles, and items from Black Ops and Modern Warfare in regular Battle Royale mode, Vanguard Royale will feature exclusive items to Call of Duty: Vanguard. Furthermore, the inclusion of aircraft has also been confirmed for the new game mode.
Stay tuned to Pro Game Guides for more Call of Duty: Warzone and Vanguard content. In the meantime, head over to our article on – How to complete all Precision Challenges in Call of Duty: Vanguard.