In Cyberpunk 2077, most quests are relatively straight forward with their objectives and follow a similar pattern to their completion. However, the Happy Together quest breaks the usual routine and requires you to do extensive leg work. That said, if you keep reading below, we will have all of the steps you need to do to complete the Happy Together quest in Cyberpunk 2077.
How to get the best Happy Together ending in Cyberpunk 2077
To do the Happy Together quest in Cyberpunk 2077, you must first reach the start of act 2 in the game. Once you are at this point, simply leave your apartment, and you will run into two NCPD officers banging on an apartment door. If you inquire the reason behind this, they will answer that they are trying to check up on a fellow officer called Barry that has been out of it recently.
After some more dialogue, you should eventually get the task of checking up on Barry because their attempts have been futile. To check up on Barry, simply walk over to the apartment door that the two NPCD cops were banging on and press the dialogue option when it shows up.
Barry will then tell you off, and you will need to come back later to progress in the quest; I'd suggest doing another quest or skip time via the option in your inventory menu. When some time has passed, come back to Barry's apartment and try again; this time will succeed, and Barry will open the door. You will then be presented with several dialogue options; check the list below for which one you should choose.
- Stay Strong - Do not choose this option if you want the best ending; it will lead to Barry closing his door on you and will only lead to a bad ending.
- I just want to talk - This is the option you want to choose if you do not meet the third one's requirements. It will lead to further dialogue options, and Barry will let you inside his apartment to talk.
- People like us have to get used to loss - The third choice you have requires ten body attribute points; if you don't have it, don't worry as it leads to the same outcome as the second one.
- Your friends asked me to drop by - Choose this option if you want to successfully get Barry to let you inside to talk more about his problem.
- You Should get out there, live a little! - Don't choose this option if you want the best ending; like the previous one, it will lead to Barry becoming upset and closing his door on you.
After choosing the "Your friends asked me to drop by" option, Barry will allow you to enter his apartment, and you will be able to talk to him and get more information. Moving on, to progress, wait for Barry to sit down on a nearby couch and then walk up and choose the dialogue option, "I lost someone too."
Selecting this option will open another chain of dialogue, and you will get two options. You don't have to worry about any of them because both will not end the conversation with Barry and just progress the discussion. That said, choose the blue option "NPCD hasn't improved, has it?" to hear some side dialogue, and the "What about your friends on the force?" to progress to the next chain.
Afterward, you will get three more options but before choosing any of them, select the "How'd Andrew die?" option; this will reveal vital information and a side objective crucial to getting the best ending for Happy Together. After that, check the list below for what option you should choose next.
- Everyone got their limits - Choose this option after picking the 3rd one; this will also end the conversation on a good note, and it will let you progress further in the quest for the best ending.
- People die, You move on - Do not choose this option if you are going for the best ending as it will lead to the bad ending.
- So Andrew was like a grandpa to you? - The 3rd option reveals crucial information like the one we previously mentioned. Because of that, we recommend picking this one first and then selecting "Everyone got their limits."
When you have chosen the first option, Barry will politely ask you to leave his apartment; do this, and you will get two objectives. One is to talk to the two NPCD officers; another is to visit a graveyard location, as shown above. To get the best ending, you will need to visit the graveyard location, so proceed to that location either by driving to it or using a fast travel station.
Once you get to the graveyard, continue inside and follow the waypoint; it will then direct you to find a niche, which is basically a futuristic gravestone. However, finding the right niche is a bit tricky as there are numerous ones just like the one you need to find. Luckily if you check our image above, the location is shown for you. If you go to this exact spot, you will get two dialogue options; choose the first one, and Johnny Sliverhand will appear to comment on the situation.
After speaking to Johnny, you will then need to head back and talk to the two cops outside Barry's apartment building. You will get three options; see the list below for which one to choose.
- Barry is depressed - This, and all of its additional choices will lead to the bad ending and will fail the quest for you.
- What did Barry tell you about his friend? - Choosing this option will provide some side dialogue, overall not crucial for this quest's conclusion.
- I visited Andrew's grave - If you want the best ending for the Happy Together quest, you will need to choose this option; afterward, you will get two choices. As shown below, one will require five cool attribute points, while the other can be freely selected.
If you don't have the required points into cool, don't worry, as both will lead to the same outcome, so choose either one. After that, you will get the best ending possible for this quest along with an increased reward of 1k eddies.
For more on Cyberpunk, PGG has you covered. Come on down today for guides on nearly everything in the game and more on the way. To start you off, we recommend checking out both the how to get upgrade components and how to level up guides.