It has been revealed that the next chapter of Dead by Daylight will feature a Killer and two Survivors from the hit horror series Resident Evil. In the guide below, we cover everything there is to know about The Tyrant, Leon, and Jill, the three featured characters being dropped on June 15th!
Killer: The Tyrant (Nemesis)
Special Ability: T-Virus
The Tyrant's primary Special Power is the ability to infect Survivors with the T-Virus, the disease destroying the world in the Resident Evil series. It causes the Survivors to cough, making them much easier to find. This can be done by hitting them with his Special Attack Tentacle Strike or by using his Zombies to hunt the Survivors down when he's focusing on something else.
- Perk: Lethal Pursuer
- Description: You’ve been designed to track down and eliminate targets.
- Effect: At the start of the trial, the auras of all Survivors are revealed to you for 5 seconds.
- Perk: Hysteria
- Description: You know how to brutalize one member of a team to cause a panic.
- Effect: Whenever you put a healthy Survivor in the injured state with a basic attack, all injured Survivors suffer from the Oblivious status effect for 20 seconds. Can only be triggered once every 60 seconds.
- Perk: Eruption
- Description: The NE-a parasite provides you with the intelligence and awareness needed to set a trap.
- Effect: After kicking a generator, its aura is highlighted in yellow. When you put a Survivor in the dying state with a basic attack, every affected generator explodes, regressing their progress by 6% and causing their auras to disappear. Any Survivor repairing a generator when it explodes will scream and suffer from the Incapacitated status effect for 10 seconds.
Survivor: Jill Valentine
Jill is one of the most popular Resident Evil characters, and she has been in the series since its early days. Her perks focus on her survivability and resourcefulness in dire situations.
- Perk: Blast Mine
- Description: When direct combat isn't an option, you still find ways to strike back.
- Effect: This ability only activates after completing at least 66% of repair progress on generators. It installs a trap that reveals the aura of the generator to all other players. When the Killer damages a trapped generator, it stuns them and blinds anyone nearby. Only one trap can be active on a generator.
- Perk: Counterforce
- Description: You know how to withstand an enemy stronger than you, and it starts with hunting down and knocking out their support.
- Effect: 20% increase speed while cleansing Totems. After cleansing a Totem, you see the aura of the Totem furthest from you for 2 seconds and receive an additional 20% speed boost to cleansing Totems for the remainder of the match.
- Perk: Resurgence
- Description: You've come back from near impossible odds... and you'll do it again.
- Effect: You instantly receive 40% healing progress after being unhooked or unhooking yourself.
Leon is also from the early days of Resident Evil. His perks focus on his ability to maintain poise under pressure and his crafting and technical knowledge.
- Perk: Bite the Bullet
- Description: Pain hurts you as much as anyone, but you'd prefer others don't know that.
- Effect: You make no noise while healing, and failed skill checks while healing cause no noise and only regress the process by 3%.
- Perk: Flashbang
- Description: You've adapted to a world in chaos and making what you can from the debris.
- Effect: Only takes effect after completing 70% progress on any generator. It allows you to enter a locker while empty handed and press the ability button to craft a flash grenade. Flash grenades have one charge, detonate with a loud bang and flash, create a noise notification, and can be used to distract or blind the Killer. Flash grenades are left behind when you leave the trial.
- Perk: Rookie Spirit
- Description: You keep a careful eye on objectives when they're slipping away.
- Effect: When you complete five good or great skill checks while repairing generators, Rookie Spirit activates for the remainder of the trial. Once it activates, you can see the aura of regressing generators.
That's all there is to know about the Perks so far! We expect some changes before the official release, so be sure to check back for updates!