In honor of Dead By Daylight's sixth anniversary, the Artificial Mind and Movement team held a celebratory stream with plenty of details on the survival horror game's future. One announcement that players got during this showcase was the reveal of The Dredge, but what is this creature?
The Dredge is a new killer joining Dead By Daylight in its Roots of Dread summer 2022 update. The developers describe this new monster in an interview with PlayStation as a "formless mass of twisted limbs writhing in the shadows, The Dredge is a manifestation of darkness itself." As with other killers in Dead By Daylight, The Dedge has unique abilities that set it apart from other killers.
The Dredge's Abilities
Reign of Darkness
- The Dredge has the Reign of Darkness, a move that shrouds the map in total darkness, obscuring Survivor's vision during the hunt. When Reign of Darkness is active, Survivors can only see what is directly in front of them.
- The Dredge can teleport to any locker on the map, giving it a staggering amount of mobility in hunts. Teleporting to a locker on the map with a Survivor inside will lead to the demise of players inside. One preventative measure players can take to stop The Dredge from doing this is locking locker doors. But each locker has a lock limit of one, and The Dredge can break locks, though it may take them some time.
- The Gloaming allows The Dredge to spawn a Remnant, which The Dredge can teleport back to at will from anywhere on the map. This shakes up chases in Dead By Daylight.
The Dredge Perks
While Perks aren't confirmed, DBD Leaks indicates that the following teachable perks are available for The Dredge:
- Septic Touch: Whenever a Survivor performs the healing action within your Terror Radius, that Survivor suffers from Blindness and Exhaustion.
- Three seconds after injuring a survivor by any means, Dissolution activates for 12 seconds. The next time a Survivor fast vaults over a pallet inside your Terror Radius, The Entity will break the pallet at the end of the vault, and this perk deactivates.
- In your presence, places once thought to be safe are the most dangerous. When you open a locker, the auras of all Survivors within 16 meters of any lockers are revealed to you for three seconds. This perk has a 30-second cooldown.
When does The Dredge come to Dead By Daylight?
The Dredge joins the new Survivor, Haddie Kaur, and the new map, Garden of Joy, in the Roots of Dread update, launching June 7, 2022, for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Steam, and the Epic Games Store. The Roots of Dread official trailer provides a preview of this new content.
For more on Dead By Daylight, visit some of our other articles on Pro Game Guides, like How to Play the Dead by Daylight PTB (Public Test Beta).