Everspace 2 is a space-based ARPG where players take control of a combat spaceship and explore various star systems. Along with tons of hardcore combat elements, it also features various puzzles that you must figure out. Players will face one of the trickiest puzzle sections in the main story quest Picking Up The Pieces, which involves collecting five alien technology components from various locations, and a deceptively hard drone operating section. The following is a complete guide on how you can easily complete the Picking Up The Pieces story mission in Everspace 2.
How to complete Picking Up The Pieces main quest in Everspace 2
Picking Up The Pieces is a story mission that is unlocked after completing the mission X Marks The Spot. After rescuing Eduardo, you must help his companion Khala to build an alien technology to help her get back home. This involves collecting five Spatial Bypass Components from various locations. Here's how you can complete each part of the mission with ease.
Search the wreck
The first location will be at the wreck of Khala's ship in Athor Orbit. Once you arrive at the location, you must try to find a way inside the wreck of the alien spaceship.
- First, head to the small opening in front of Khala's ship to take control of a drone to pass through the opening.
- Fly the drone through the pipe to avoid electrocution, then follow the tube beside the debris to enter a room with a Power Core Dispenser and a Shield Generator.
- Eject the Unstable Power Core, and then drag it toward the right side to bring it around the shield wall.
- Release the Power Core inside the tube that has a strong air current flowing through it. The Power Core will collide with the Shield Generator, causing an explosion and leaving a small hole in the wall. This will also disable the shield wall behind the Power Core Dispenser.
- Eject another Power Core from the dispenser, and then go through the small hole in the wall to insert it into the Power Core Socket in the adjacent room. Then, hack the Terminal with the drone to open the main gate of Khala's ship.
- Once the main gate opens, and you gain control of your ship, turn around toward the new quest marker pointing you toward another Power Core Socket across the ruins.
- The Power Core Dispenser located above the socket in this area will be blocked by a laser beam. Use a piece of the debris floating nearby, and place it in between the laser beam to cut its flow. Now you can safely eject the Power Core and slot it into the Power Core Socket right below it. Doing so will open the doors to the Energy Sphere Dispenser next to it.
- Create an Energy Sphere, and then quickly carry it through the main gate of Khala's ship that you previously opened with the drone, and insert it into the Energy Sphere Socket. This will open the doors inside the ship to reveal a Secure Container.
- Inside the room with the container, there will be two Shield Generators you must destroy to gain access to the contents of the container. One generator will be covered by a piece of metal you need to shoot to destroy, and another will be covered by a piece of floating debris.
- Once you destroy the two Shield Generators, shoot the red light at the top of the Secure Container to open it and retrieve the first Spatial Bypass Component.
Related: Everspace 2 Ship Devices & Weapons List & How To Get
Dock at The Flying Dutchess
After retrieving the first Spatial Bypass Component, Marie of The Flying Duchess will arrive at the location. After the small dialogue sequence, dock at The Flying Duchess to interact with Marie. She will give you the second Spatial Bypass Component, and inform you of where you can find the other three components.
Destroy the outlaw base in Outlaw Stronghold
After interacting with Marie aboard The Flying Duchess, you must make your way to three separate marked locations. We suggest heading to the outlaw base in the Outlaw Stronghold first. The base is located in the Zharkov orbit, and is the closest location from Athor Orbit, thereby saving you the hassle of passing through Jump Gates multiple times.
Upon reaching the location, prepare for a fight against the outlaws who will resist your attempt at destroying their base. Proceed to take out all the outlaws, and then destroy the required number of Fuel Tanks, Energy Coils, Turrets, and Bomb Throwers. Once everything is destroyed, the core of the Outlaw Base will be exposed. Destroy the core to retrieve the third Spatial Bypass Component.
Related: Everspace 2 – How to get new Ships
Dock at Smuggler's Base in Cartwright's Wake
Your next location will be the Smuggler's Base in Cartwright's Wake. Upon reaching the location and docking at the base, Tarjak will give you the Spatial Bypass Component for free after a small dialogue sequence.
Dock at G&B Office & Hangar at Prescott Starbase
Your last stop will be at the G&B Office & Hangar at Prescott Base. The G&B Clerk at this base will inform you that the component you're looking for has been transferred to the G&B Union Branch at Noah Damaris Starport, so you must head there.
After docking at the G&B Union Branch at Damaris Starport, exhaust the dialogue sequence with the G&B Clerk, undock from the station, and wait for a few seconds for the G&B Freighter to dock and unload the items. Then, dock at the G&B Union Branch station again when the quest marker reappears. This time, the G&B Clerk will offer you the final Spatial Bypass Component for a fee of 20,000 Credits. Purchase the component from the Shop, and then head back to your home base at Rhodia II to inform Khala that you have retrieved all the necessary Spatial Bypass Components.
There you have it! Upon reaching Rhodia II, a cutscene will play out, after which you will be notified of the mission's completion. Finishing the Picking Up The Pieces Quest will grant you 7000 Experience points, and allow you to unlock the Spatial Bypass per from Khala in the Perks menu.
Looking to start your Everspace 2 journey off on the right foot? Check out Everspace 2 Tips & Tricks for Beginners, right here on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Everspace 2 Picking Up The Pieces Guide