If you've been enjoying Fall Guys like millions of players across the world have been, then you have something to look forward to on August 12th, 2020! It looks like a new patch is going to be released that will not only squash some bugs, but will be adding a new level to the rotation!
The new map is from the beta, and was apparently a fan-favorite! It's called Jump Showdown, which will require you to leap over rotating poles to avoid being swept into the pink goo below. As the round goes on, it looks like wedges of the platform you need to stand on will drop, which should make things a whole lot harder. You will not only need to avoid the small spinning pole, but there's a larger one that spins above you slowly that you need to not bonk into! Here's a look at the new map in action:
🚨 We're about to drop a new level into rotation!!! 🚨
Jump Showdown - A fan-favourite from the beta! 👑
We'll be adding it in our first update TOMORROW!
Patch-notes in the thread 😗👌
More new levels will be coming soon - along with new features & costumes 👀 pic.twitter.com/zQ4hOI70MP
— Fall Guys 👑 (@FallGuysGame) August 11, 2020
As for bug fixes, you can expect quite a few things to have been squashed in this new patch! There's going to be more final round variation, due to a chance in weighting. Crashes have been fixed at launch due to certain calendar settings, better messaging for matchmaking and server errors, physics have been corrected that were behaving oddly, crown should now always be grabbable in Fall Mountain, and a bunch of other stuff should be fixed once the patch goes live! You can check out all of the fixes below, or on the Fall Guys' Official Twitter.
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- PC only - Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC