Player versus player combat got many changes in patch 6.2 of Final Fantasy XIV. From a new season to the return of an old favorite game mode, these changes have improved PvP and made it one of the big draws of the patch. Here are all the PvP changes in Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.2.
PvP Job Changes in FFXIV Patch 6.2
A handful of jobs change their PvP abilities in 6.2, generally aimed at increasing the amount of healing on classes other than healers.
- Bloodwhetting - Portion of damage absorbed as HP has been increased from 75% to 100%.
- Draw and Junction - Recast time has been reduced from 30 to 20 seconds.
- Meteodrive - The time required to fill the limit gauge has been increased.
- Chaotic Spring - Portion of damage absorbed as HP has been increased from 100% to 150%.
- Horrid Roar - Recast time has been reduced from 30 to 25 seconds.
- Hissatsu: Chiten - Recast time has been reduced from 30 to 25 seconds.
- Seiton Tenchu - The effect duration of Unsealed Seiton Tenchu is now reduced by 1s each time it is applied to a target with a minimum duration of 4s.
- Chain Saw - Additional damage dealt when under the effect of Analysis has been reduced from 100% of the target's HP to 95% of the target's HP.
- Slipstream - Now grants increased movement speed to party members standing in the Slipstream.
- Afflatus Misery - Potency has been increased from 10,000 to 12,000.
- Aquaveil - Barrier strength has been increased from a heal potency of 6,000 to 8,000.
- Miracle of Nature - Range has been reduced from 25 to 15 yalms.
- Seraph Strike - Potency has been increased from 6,000 to 8,000.
- Cure III - Cure potency has been increased from 12,000 to 16,000.
- Adloquium - Increase in potency has been changed from 10% to 8%.
- Biolysis - The increase in potency has been changed from 10% to 8%.
- (NEW) The Bole - Reduces damage taken by self or target and nearby party members by 10%. Duration: 15s
- (NEW) The Arrow - Reduces weapon skill cast time and recast time, as well as spell cast time and recast time for self or target and nearby party members by 10%, while increasing movement speed. Duration: 10s
Misc. Job Changes
The following overall adjustments have been made to PvP actions:
- The effects of Heavy and Bind will now be applied more quickly.
- The grace period for executing combo actions has been increased from 10 to 15 seconds.
Additional changes to Final Fantasy XIV PvP in Patch 6.2
- Series 1 will end, and Series 2 will begin.
- Series 2 will be held between Patch 6.2 and 6.3, during which time you can earn Series EXP and increase your Series level by participating in any PvP duty. Increasing your Series level will unlock various Series rewards.
- * Rewards from Series 1 can only be claimed until the end of Series 2. Select Series Malmstones from the PvP Profile window to claim rewards, then select Previous Series.
- The window for accepting Series Malmstone rewards has been adjusted.
For more Final Fantasy XIV news and information, check out When does Pandaemonium: Abyssos Savage release for Final Fantasy XIV? on Pro Game Guides.