These are the unofficial Fortnite 11.31 Patch Notes! Epic has been less consistent about posting update info, so we've been compiling everything we know about the patches. We have some bug fix information, and will be posting whatever else has been added to the game. We will replace these with the official patch notes if they are posted.
Patch Release Date & Time
The Fortnite 11.31 Patch was released on December 18th, 2019. There will be downtime at 4 AM ET (0900 UTC) that usually goes on for an hour or two.
Official Patch Notes
v11.31 is live for Battle Royale and includes the following changes:
- Introducing Battle Lab:
- Jump into your own Battle Royale island and set the rules! Select from favorite LTM loot pools, set up combat scenarios with the new Bot Grenades, and create your own mode by setting options like gravity and fall damage.
- Fill your game with up to 15 friends on your own island, or matchmake with default options in a public Battle Lab.
- New home for Playground:
- Looking for Playground? We’ve incorporated Playground under Creative. Play Creative maps with others by queuing for Creative and choosing “Play” instead of “Create.”
We have temporarily disabled the DirectX 12 beta. Thank you for participating — we've gained valuable information. We're going to make some improvements and re-open the doors in early 2020.
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- The Fire/Build button on mobile devices is no longer unavailable when the Glider Redeploy button is shown.
- Resolved an issue involving players being unable to exit the HUD Layout Tool on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving being able to see the Edit option on enemy walls.
- The “Eliminations without aiming down sights” Dive! Challenge is now tracking progress properly.
- Resolved an issue involving the "Join Party" option through "Joinable Parties" not working on controller.
- The Item Shop countdown timer no longer appears out of sync for different players.
- Resolved stability issues.
Unofficial Patch Notes
Here's where we will be detailing all of the things that have been added to the game that weren't covered by Epic. If you're looking for leaked cosmetics, we will have a full look at them right here.
This patch will hopefully be the release of the Winterfest Event that will feature some free cosmetics and a set of new challenges to complete!
Zone Wars Returns!
You can now jump into a couple of different versions of Zone Wars!