Since Epic has seemingly stopped giving out full update details, so we've compiled our own Fortnite 13.20 Patch Notes! We're attempting to collect all of the changes, updates, and bug fixes from the most recent patch. This is the first major update to the game after the big transition into the new season, so there's a fair amount of bugs to fix in the patch.
Patch Release Date & Time
The Fortnite Season 13.20 Patch has been officially announced, it will be released on Tuesday, June 30th at 2 AM ET (0600 UTC)! You can expect at least a couple of hours of downtime once the update starts.
Be sure to check out our Fortnite Season 3 Guide! We compile information about the entire season in that post, and have details on many of the new things that have been added to the game.
Official 13.20 Patch Notes
These are the official patch notes that were sent out to content creators:
Hot New Weapon
We’ve added some new flare to your arsenal.
Easier access to upgrading and sidegrading is on the way.
LTMs Are Back
LTMs arrive this week for Season 3. We’re starting with some fan favorites.
A Hero Arrives
A mighty arrival is coming to Item Shop this week. Stay tuned.
Unofficial 13.20 Patch Notes
Here's where we will be detailing all of the updates and changes that have been added to the game and haven't been covered by Epic. If you're looking for leaked skins, we will have a full look at them right here.
Secret Challenges Added!
You can now once again take on some secret objectives that are added to the game periodically. Check out our Season 3 Secret Challenges Guide for more details.
Firefly Jars Inventory Increased
You can now carry 6 total Firefly Jars instead of 3 in your inventory.
Reload V-Bucks Feature Being Tested
When you're purchasing a cosmetic, sometimes you are only missing a small amount of V-Bucks. Currently, you can only buy set amounts of them, but with this upcoming feature you'll be able to buy the exact amount you need! This is apparently being tested in a limited area right now, but will hopefully be fully available soon.
new "Reload V-Bucks" feature pic.twitter.com/A75HqCnytu
— joe (@ximton) June 30, 2020
Fishing Spots Spawn Rate Buffed
If you're a fan of fishing in Fortnite then you'll be happy to hear that spawn rates of active fishing spots got a buff (Source):
- Min Spawn Percent: From 30% to 60%
- Max Spawn Percent: From 50% to 80%
Weapon Buffs & Nerfs
The Mythic Burst Rifle, Legendary Rapid Fire SMG, and Charge Shotguns all got some changes in the patch (Source):
- Mythic Burst Rifle: +2 Body Damage, +2 Headshot Damage, +2 Build Damage, Reduced Reload Time & Recoil
- Legendary Rapid Fire SMG: -1 Build Damage, Reduced Reload Time & Recoil
- Charged Shotgun: Reduced Reload Time across all rarities, Legendary & Epic now have 4 in the clip instead of 3
New Punch Cards Added
The patch also added some brand new Punch Cards! It looks like there's going to be some blue and gold coins added in the following weeks. Check out our Punch Cards post for all of those, and we've got a post where you can find all the Coins from Season 3.
- Blue is Better - Blue XP Coins Collected (3, 5, 10, 20, 30)
- Gold is the Greatest - Golden XP Coins Collected (1, 3, 5, 7, 10)
- Chomp! - Eliminated an opponent with a Loot Shark (1)
Some new achievements have been added in the patch. You can find all of them in our Season 3 Achievements List.
- From the Primordial Ooze - Completed the Coral Buddies Wood Age Quest.
- Jumping the Shark - Jumped a Loot Shark 77 times during Season 3.
- Haters Gonna Say It's Fake - Eliminated an opponent while affected by an Impulse Grenade Launcher.
- Protector of the Deep - Play a match as Aquaman.
- Shark King - Rode a Loot Shark as Aquaman.
- Superb Owl - Fired Jules' Glider Gun ?? times during Season 3.
Well, if you don't like looking for somewhere to upgrade your weapons, it looks like we're getting a version we can toss on the ground to use anywhere!
LTMs Are Returning
One of the big things that's been lacking in Fortnite since the update to Chapter 2 has been the lack of LTMs. It looks like these are returning, with some fan favorites starting us off! I will hopefully have more details about this soon.
The Flare Gun has been confirmed to be entering the game! Here's a look at the leaked stats from it:
- Rarity: Rare
- Clip Size: 6
- Max Ammo: 20
- Bullets Used Per Shot: 1
- Reload Time: 1.5 Seconds
- Firing Rate: 0.39
- Damage: 60
I'm guessing it will very likely start a fire if it hits anything that is wood or can ignite. If you've experienced the Firefly Jars that were added recently, then it'll probably be a longer range version of that. This is purely speculation, however, it's possible that it just does some AOE like damage.
Likely Soon: Water Level Lowering
There's a high likelihood that the level of the water will lower some in this patch, which should reveal some additional parts of the island to explore! This is rumored to happen in stages, so only parts of the map will be exposed. This is supposed to happen on July 1st, 2020.
At some point we'll get the chance to drive a bunch of new vehicles, including cars, trucks, and quite a few others! While we expect the water level to drop a bit, it's unlikely it will be enough to bring forth the vehicles in this patch. I would guess it is more likely to happen in the middle part of the season.
Fortnite 13.20 Patch Bug Fixes
These were taken from the Trello that display all of the stuff that Epic is working on in terms of bugs.
- Some players may be missing styles for the Specialist Pickaxe and Arroyo Pack Back Bling.
- After players use the Rage Emote, the Emote's fire effect may remain on or near them.
- On occasion, Emote music can be heard while at the Main Stage in Party Royale.
- We're investigating an issue where some players may see Sandstorm missing her hair when equipping the 'No Mask No Cowl' style.
Battle Royale Issues
- After dropping from a Zipline, players may take fall damage when landing in shallow water.
- Epic and Legendary SMGs that drop are sometimes are not able to be Sidegraded.
- Storm Surge can be contributed to by damaging Marauders.
- We're aware of an issue that is preventing players from gaining the healing effect of Chug Splashes when using them inside of a bush.
- Supply Drops, especially when found in vaults, may sometimes push loot inaccessibly under the map floor when opened.
Save the World Issues
- Players may notice their map is covered in a bright pink texture after the Storm King uses his AOE attack.
- Players may experience a softlock/loss in UI functionality when opening a Llama in the Llama Shop after browsing the Collection Book.
- If near a player-built wall, players and objectives may get damaged by a Lobber Husk's projectile.
- We’re investigating an issue on mobile where build pieces do not always place when quickly switching between Build and Combat modes while firing.