Fortnite Showdown is back for another week! They've revised some of the rules and are using the Blitz format instead of standard rules! Find out what the rewards are, how the point system works, rules, and everything else there is to know with our Blitz Showdown Guide!
Fortnite Showdown Changes
This is the second time Epic is running one of these, and they seem to have learned some valuable lessons that encourage me for the future of their competitive scene. First of all, this version is in Blitz mode. Blitz has faster circles and makes collecting resources much easier. Instead of 50 matches, you will now only have to play 25 games and your score will based off of match placement AND eliminations. Eliminations were excluded from the first version of Showdown, however, each elimination is only worth 3 points. So, while this is a step in the right direction, it's still far better to place higher in a game rather than get a bunch of kills.
The other big change is that instead of ranking all players worldwide, the awards will be given based on the highest ranking players from each region! This should give a lot more people an opportunity to get awards.
Fortnite Blitz Showdown Rules
Now you can go to this page here and get all of the rules, but I'm going to break out the most important stuff so you don't have to read through too much jargon (you should read it all if you are serious about this).
- Your first 25 matches in the Blitz Showdown LTM will be counted towards your Score. You must play 25 Blitz Showdown LTM matches to be eligible for a prize.
- Play at least 25 matches in the Blitz Showdown LTM within the same server region. Note that ‘NAE’ and ‘NAW’ server regions are considered the same server region for this contest.
- The Contest is open, and the Blitz Showdown LTM will be available, from June 1st, 2018 at 10:00AM EST to June 4th, 2018 10:00AM EST.
- You must be 16 years old or older
- Have a Fortnite account registered on or before May 30, 2018
- Each region's top 100 players will receive prizes, here's how the regions are broken up: North America (NAE & NAW), Europe (EU), Asia (ASIA), Oceania (OCE), Brazil (BR).
Also, don't be toxic player, bad sport, or attempt to cheat the system because Epic can disqualify you for a number of reasons:
Epic reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant in its sole discretion for any reason, including without limitation if Epic determines Contestant is cheating, hacking, harassing, using abusive or offensive language, account sharing, teaming, sabotaging, spamming, engaging in social engineering, scamming, or violating the Fortnite EULA. - Source
Fortnite Blitz Showdown Point System
The point system is largely the same as the prior Showdown, with a few big differences. You now get 3 points for each enemy elimination you get in a game. This should encourage people to not camp as much, however, placement is still the most important factor in these games. Instead of 50 games, it's based on your first 25 games. Prizes are now based on the top 100 players of your region, the regions are broken down like this: North America (NAE & NAW), Europe (EU), Asia (ASIA), Oceania (OCE), Brazil (BR).
|11 - 15||55|
|16 - 20||50|
|21 - 30||45|
|41 - 50||35|
|51 - 75||30|
|76 - 100||25|
Fortnite Blitz Showdown Prizes & Rewards
For the top 100 players in each region, you will be given the following rewards based on your final ranking:
- The Contestant with the highest score will have 20,000 V-bucks added to their Fortnite account.
- Contestants who place 2nd – 5th will have 13,500 V-bucks added to their Fortnite accounts.
- Contestants who place 6th – 100th will have 7,500 V-bucks added to their Fortnite accounts.
You will be notified on or around Friday, June 8th 2018 and you might need to respond. Make sure your account information is correct and up-to-date to receive your prizes!