It looks like Epic is giving us their first taste of what the competitive side of Fortnite might look like! This new limited time mode will allow you to compete for your chance at 50,000 V-Bucks! Our guide runs through this competitive mode, going over the rules, and providing some tips on how to best compete in this limited time event.
If you are a streamer looking to prove yourself worthy of views, then you should be really trying to win this event. It's a great way to get exposure and make a name for yourself!
Official Epic Statement
Today we’re revealing our new Limited Time Mode: Solo Showdown.
Trying to prove yourself on the battlefield? Queue up for the Solo Showdown mode for a hotly contested Battle Royale experience. Unlike other LTMs, Solo Showdown will not change core gameplay of the current Solo mode. Instead, you will be placed against other self-selected competitors making this the ultimate test of survival.
The Fortnite team will frequently update this blog with the Solo Showdown standings. Top performers will be rewarded at the conclusion of this competition.*
1st Place: 50,000 V-Bucks
2nd - 4th Place: 25,000 V-Bucks
5th – 50th Place: 13,500 V-Bucks
51st – 100th Place: 7,500 V-Bucks
You can see the full rules here.
We’ll be using the Solo Showdown as a one-off stepping stone to learn how to build great events for all types of players. If you crave testing and improving your own skills, give it a try and let us know what you think. To thank you for participating, play 50 games and get a unique spray.
Stay tuned. We have a major announcement about competitive play next week!
*Solo Showdown ends on 05/21 at 10:00am ET
Fortnite Solo Showdown Rules
Now you can go to this page here and get all of the rules, but I'm going to break out the most important stuff so you don't have to read through too much jargon (you should read it all if you are serious about this).
- MUST BE 16 OR OLDER
- The Contest is open to participants worldwide, but is void wherever restricted or prohibited by law.
- The Contest is open, and the Solo Showdown LTM will be available, from May 17th, 2018 at 10:00AM EST to May 21st, 2018 10:00AM EST.
- You must have a have a Fortnite account registered on or before May 15, 2018!
- You can't create a new account if you mess up or think you can do better. So make sure you are serious every time you start a game.
- You must play at least 50 Solo Showdown LTM matches to be eligible for a prize.
- Only your first 50 Solo Showdown LTM matches will be counted towards your score.
- There is nothing special about the games themselves, it's just straight Fortnite.
- The top 100 players will be awarded.
- Selected Contestants will be notified on or about Friday, May 25, 2018 and may be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification.
Also, don't be toxic player, bad sport, or attempt to cheat the system because Epic can disqualify you for a number of reasons:
Epic reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant in its sole discretion for any reason, including without limitation if Epic determines Contestant is cheating, hacking, harassing, using abusive or offensive language, account sharing, sabotaging, spamming, engaging in social engineering, scamming, or violating the Fortnite EULA.
Each time you play a game, your finish will be given a points total on how well you did. If you win the game and get first place you will be given 100 points for that match. The highest maximum score you can attain is 5,000 points (win 50 matches in a row, good luck!). You can check the showdown standings right here. Here's a break out of the scoring:
|11 - 15||55|
|16 - 20||50|
|21 - 30||45|
|41 - 50||35|
|51 - 75||30|
|76 - 100||25|
Fortnite Solo Showdown Tips
I'm going to list a few things I think will end up being important when attempting to compete in this limited time mode. If you are a newer player just wanting to try it out, be sure to check out our Fortnite tips and tricks guide as a way to step up your game.
- Don't attempt to play a ton of games back to back. You have SOME time to complete the 50 games (you have four days), I wouldn't rush it and burn myself out.
- You might want to start early, however, because a bunch of newer players might try it out a few times not really knowing what it's about. This could be an easier way to get wins.
- Play defensively and safely. You aren't going to be finding people landing at the hot spots like Tilted Towers or Retail Row in this mode. Get a ton of resources, stay in the middle of the zone, and play slowly.
- EVERY GAME IS IMPORTANT. Every single game of the 50 you are required to play is important. Don't queue up unless you are ready to be 100% focused, because each placement is points to be earned.
- Keep track of your placements. Give yourself an idea of how many points you have. It might be a good idea to wait to play your last 5 - 10 matches and see who is the point total leader. You can then gauge what you'll need to accomplish to best their score.