Our Fortnite Overtime Challenges Guide will walk you through everything you need to know about the event! We have a full list of the challenges, as well as all of the solutions and a look at the rewards you will earn if you complete them.
These challenges have turned out to be pretty important because if you complete 13 of them you'll get the Season 8 Battle Pass for free! You read that correctly, even if you don't have the Season 7 Battle Pass you can earn yourself a free one and get yourself some skins if you haven't had the money to purchase one in the past. This is a pretty nice promotion by Epic, we hope to see more stuff like this in the future.
Overtime Challenges Release Date
The Overtime Challenges were released on February 14th, 2019.
Did you complete your 10 weekly Challenges and are looking for more? We have you covered! Starting with the v7.40 release, all players will have access to new, additional Overtime Challenges. Complete these Challenges by the end of the Season to unlock 5 new rewards including the Valentine Wrap and Vines Contrail.
And for Battle Pass owners, the Overtime Challenge rewards will include new unlockable styles for the Trog, Powder, and Onesie outfits.
Overtime Challenges Rewards & Cosmetics
You will be able to earn unlockable styles for Trog, Powder, and the Onesie skin by completing some of these challenges. If you don't have a Battle Pass, you'll still be able to participate! Some challenges are available to everyone, and you can earn the Valentine Wrap, Vines Contrail, and a couple of Loading Screens! You can check the new styles of the skins out below.
- Complete 5 Free Overtime Challenges - Unlock the New Powder Style
- Complete 10 Free Overtime Challenges - Unlock the New Trog Style
- Complete 15 Free Overtime Challenges - Unlock the New Onesie Style
We've got a look at the Valentine Wrap, we'll be adding the other cosmetics you can earn soon. It looks like there will be two loading screens and the Vines Contrail.
Overtime Challenges List
Here's a list of the currently available challenges! I have a list of the potential future ones from a leak below.
If you do 13 of these Overtime challenges you'll get the Season 8 Battle Pass for free!
- Complete Free Overtime Challenges to get Season 8 Battle Pass (13)
- Collect Coins in Featured Creative Islands (15)
- Deal damage to opponents with Assault Rifles or Pistols (500)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at a motel or an RV park (7)
- Place Top 15 in Duos with a friend (3)
- Regain health from a campfire in different matches (3)
- Visit different Named Locations (10)
- Search a Supply Drop in different matches (2)
- Revive a player in different matches (3)
- Visit different waterfalls (7)
- Deal damage to opponents with Shotguns or SMGs (500)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at The Block (7)
- Place Top 10 in Squads with a friend (3)
Leaked Overtime Challenges
These come from the FortniteLAT Twitter account, some of the wordings might end up being different.
- Deal damage to opponents with Shotguns or SMGs
- Outlast 75 opponents in a single match
- Play matches of Driftin' with a friend (Driftboard LTM)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at a racetrack or a dance club
- Search chests or ammo boxes The Block
- Search a Supply Drop in different matches
- Thank the Bus Driver in different matches
- Place Top 10 in Squads with a friend
- Visit different waterfalls
- Revive a friend in different matches
- Visit Named Locations
- Reach Battle Pass Tier 47
Overtime Challenges Solutions
Once we have the information on these new challenges, all of the solutions and a cheat sheet with the answers will be listed below!
Collect Coins in Featured Creative Islands (15)
Head on into creative mode and hover over any of the featured islands. Under the title of the map, it will tell you if it has coins and how many of them. Enter any of these, and grab however many coins as you can find. If you are struggling, you can restart the map and recollect the coins you already collected and continue that process until you hit 15! If you are confused, check out the video below.
Deal damage to opponents with Assault Rifles or Pistols (500)
This should be pretty easy, just grab an assault rifle and shoot people with it!
Search chests or ammo boxes at a motel or an RV park (7)
Head to either of the spots shown below and gather up as many chests and ammo boxes as you can!
Place Top 15 in Duos with a friend (3)
The best way to do this is grab a friend and head to the furthest part away from the bus path. Go hide yourself and wait for your team to enter into the top 15. You can then eliminate yourselves or play out the match. You will have to do this three times!
Regain health from a campfire in different matches (3)
There's a ton of campfires around the map now with the environmental ones being put in the game recently. Here's a map below to their locations, credit to Fortnite Insider.
Visit different Named Locations (10)
Travel around the map visiting different named points of interest. Grab a plane to do this quickly!
Search a Supply Drop in different matches (2)
This one could be potentially annoying, you usually see a lot of Supply Drops in LTMs though. You might want to try playing those and seeing if it works out for you.
Revive a player in different matches (3)
Another good one for LTMs, but just join a random squad and you'll probably be able to do this one relatively easily.
Visit different waterfalls (7)
Here's a map to find the different waterfalls, credit to @LootLakeBR on twitter.
Deal damage to opponents with Shotguns or SMGs (500)
Pretty easy one, just use these weapons specifically to get it done.
Search chests or ammo boxes at The Block (7)
This one could get a bit difficult with a lot of people landing there, but doing this in an LTM is going to be your best bet.
Place Top 10 in Squads with a friend (3)
Find some good players and make friends with them, or just find a friend to hide with in the bushes. If you are desperate for a friend, you can always create an alternate account on your phone and then jump in the game with that account. This will be enough to complete the challenge!