Our Fortnite Poison Dart Trap Guide will walk you through everything you need to know about this new placed trap! We'll feature information on damage, how it works, what it does, and tips on how best to use it in game once it's available!
It's been a while since we've gotten a new trap, there was the Chiller Trap that was kind of interesting but didn't really have a ton of use. Now, we're getting an Indiana Jones styled trap where you can trick your enemies into walk into it and taking some poison damage.
It’s a Poison Trap! Watch your step lest you trigger a trap!
Poison Dart Trap Release Date
The Poison Trap was released on March 27th, 2019!
More Great Fortnite Content
- Fortnite Season 8 Week 8 Challenges List, Cheat Sheet, Locations & Solutions
- Fortnite Ruin Challenges List Guide – Cosmetics, Solutions, More!
- Fortnite Air Royale Challenges List Guide – Cosmetics, Solutions, More!
- Fortnite Season 8 Week 7 Challenges List, Cheat Sheet, Locations & Solutions
- Fortnite Season 8 Week 6 Challenges List, Cheat Sheet, Locations & Solutions
Poison Dart Trap Damage & Information
Here's the official information on the Poison Trap:
- Available in Uncommon Rarity.
- Can be placed on walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Found from Floor Loot.
- Can be triggered up to three grid cells away.
- Fires Poison Dart projectiles a distance of three horizontal grid cells (four vertical grid cells).
- Targets hit by darts will receive a damage-over-time effect that applies damage directly to health, bypassing any shields.
- 10 health damage per tick.
- 8 total ticks over 7 seconds for a total damage of 80.
- Subsequent hits will refresh the duration of the effect, but the amount of damage per tick does not change.
Poison Dart Trap Tips & Tricks
- Try to place this in a hallway area so people will unexpectedly run into it from further away. This thing is largely going to be good for catching people off-guard when running down corridors. Most people are used to looking for traps over their head, not worrying about head into hallways.
- The damage doesn't stack if someone is hit multiple times. It only refreshes the duration of it which is 7-seconds.
- This does 80 damage over time, so no one is going to be instantly near death when they get hit by it initially. You will still need to play safe and hit good shots on someone.
- The damage is only applied to health and bypasses shields just like the storm.