Surprise, surprise! There was a lot of speculation as to whether or not there would be another Fortnite patch update since the end of Season 5 is so close. Turns out: We're getting one! Check back to this page for regular updates to see what this update entails.
v15.50 Patch Info
We may not be sure what to expect yet, but when it comes to patch notes, Epic has a tendency to reveal them more as time moves on. You can check back here for the info as it's released.
Update Release Date & Time
The update is set to hit at 4 am ET (09:00 UTC), March 2, 2021. Not a lot of notice from Epic Games for this patch!
The downtime for this Fortnite update will start at 4 am ET (09:00 UTC). Generally, the patches take about three to five hours to complete. You can reliably expect Fortnite to be playable again by 9 am ET, but probably much sooner.
Official 15.50 Patch Notes
Epic did not send out official patch notes to content creators this week, as this update is small in size. The only information we have to go off is the following that Fortnite Status tweeted out.
🔫 The Hand Cannon heads back to the vault, while another item returns. Spread the news!
🏝 New Island size in Creative & localized Featured Creative Hub support!
— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) March 1, 2021
In case you can't see the tweet above, it contains the following information:
- The Hand Cannon: The Hand Cannon (commonly called a Deagle by players) is headed back to the vault. A new item is taking its place. There has been speculation that this will be a shotgun, but this is unfortunately unconfirmed.
- Creative Island Size: The island size in Creative is being adjusted. Hopefully, this means they're expanding the size, not shrinking it.
These have not been officially released in the patch notes yet, but they have been listed on Fortnite's Community Trello Board as Fixed in next Game Update, which is now 15.50!
- Split Screen Ready Up! issue: The Ready Up! option was not working properly for people playing Split Screen.
- Snowy Floppers do not grant Shield or Icy Feet: Occasionally, players were being healed when consuming Snowy Floppers, but not getting shield or the Icy Feet effect.
- Cars not always dealing damage on impact: Occasionally cars were not damaging objects or players when they hit them with force.
- Total Bars appearing as 0 when loading into a match with high latency: The Trello board marked this as Fixed in Next Game Update, but also says they're working on it. It is yet to be seen if this has been fixed.
Save the World Top Issues
- Escalation Modifier Damage Buff does not buff Hero Skills or Gadgets
- Cannot start or switch to Creative Mode: When trying to play the game mode before it is fully downloaded, some people were having an issue playing Creative Mode.
When more information comes available about 15.50, we will update!