Genshin Impact's next rated banner is on the horizon, and the Spark Knight Klee will be its featured pick. The banner will replace the ongoing Venti banner and will likely run until the release of the next patch. Similarly to Venti, she will be a 5-star character. She has a very high damage potential but a very quirky playstyle. She can be deadly in the right scenarios but can be a dud when not utilized appropriately. Here is a guide that will help new players understand Klee better and how to play her effectively.
Klee can dish out high AOE damage in a short amount of time. She packs as a serious punch and is great for speed running the game. However, her defensive stats are subpar, which makes her an ideal glass-cannon character. Her playstyle mainly revolves around managing her explosives, which can be a hassle as a new player. She is a ranged character, and her Normal Attacks are not as effective as some of the other characters in the game. However, her Elemental Skill/Burst is really what makes her a wrecking machine. Unlike most DPS characters in the game, she heavily relies on her skills and elemental power. Connecting her skills properly and using them efficiently can be very deadly, but at the same time, missing them would certainly make your time much more difficult on the battlefield.
Klee also largely benefits from elemental reactions in the game, so it's necessary to pair her up with suitable characters. She is particularly good at doing AOE damage and clearing enemy camps but also struggles a bit against single target bosses due to a lack of consistent high damage. Players should familiarize themselves with her quirky playstyle before investing in her. It's very important to make the most out of her skills by mixing it with Normal Attacks or Charged Attacks. A good way to start would be to clear some Hilichurls' camp that can be easily found practically anywhere on the map. Later, players should try to take on stronger foes such as Hypostasis and Regisvine. This should give users a good idea about her playstyle and how to approach the game with Klee in their crew. She has a steep learning curve but once mastered, can be a serious threat to enemies.
- Normal Attack: Klee tosses her little explosives that deal high AOE damage after exploding. She can toss up to three explosives in a row.
- Charged Attack: Consumes Stamina to deal AOE Pyro damage.
- Elemental Skill: Klee throws her special explosive Jumpy Dumpty that bounces three times in a row dealing AOE damage on every bounce. After bouncing three times, Jumpy Dumpty explodes into little mines that deal AOE Pyro damage to every foe that comes in contact with it.
- Elemental Burst: For a brief duration, Klee lights up the targeted area with explosives.
- First Dupe - Chained Reactions: Each of Klee's attacks and skills have a chance to summon sparks that deal damage equal to 120% of her Elemental Burst.
- Second Dupe - Explosive Frags: Reduces defense of enemies that are struck by Jumpy Dumpty mines by 15% for 10 seconds.
- Third Dupe - Exquisite Compound: Increases the level of her Elemental Skill by 3 levels (goes up to level 15).
- Fourth Dupe - Bunny Triggered: If Klee leaves the battlefield during her Elemental Burst, her departure sets off a massive Pyro burst that deals 233% of her attack as AOE damage.
- Fifth Dupe - Nova Burst: Increases the level of her Elemental Burst by 3 levels (goes up to level 15).
- Sixth Dupe - Blazing Delight: While her Elemental Burst is active, she replenishes 3 energy every 3 seconds(including her crewmates). After her Elemental Burst concludes, the whole team gets a 10% Pyro damage boost for 25 seconds.
Best Build for Klee
Klee lacks versatility and is generally only built like an offensive prowess. Mappa Mare is a good free to play option for Klee as it provides a base attack of 42 (lvl 1) and an Elemental Mastery of 24 (lvl 1). She is a mage that relies on her spell, and any weapon that boosts her elemental damage can work with Klee. Solar Pearl can also be a great weapon for Klee. Normal attacks from Solar Pearl increases the Elemental Burst/skill damage by 20% for 6 seconds and vice-versa.
Knowing that Klee's attack scale is based on her elemental potential, going with Gambler set is often recommended. It gives a 20% boost to elemental damage, and its passive completely negates the Elemental Skill cooldown (every 15 seconds) once an enemy is defeated.
- Ascension Level 1 (max level 20): Agnidus Agate Silver x1 +Philanemo Mushroom x3 + Diving Scroll x3
- Ascension Level 2 (max level 40): Agnidus Agate Fragment x3 + Everflame Seed x2 + Philanemo Mushroom x10 + Diving Scroll x15
- Ascension Level 3 (max level 50): Agnidus Agate Fragmentt x6 + Everflame Seed x2 + Philanemo Mushroom x20 + Seal Scroll x12
- Ascension Level 4 (max level 60): Agnidus Agate Chunk x3 + Everflame Seed x8 + Philanemo Mushroom + Seal Scroll x18
- Ascension Level 5 (max level 70): Agnidus Agate Chunk x6 + Everflame Seed x12 + Philanemo Mushroom x45 + Forbidden Curse Scroll x16
- Ascension Level 6 (max level 80): Agnidus Agate Gemstone x6 + Everflame Seed x20 + Philanemo Mushroom x60 + Forbidden Curse Scroll x24
Best Team for Klee
Adding another Pyro character along with Klee to the squad increases the damage of the entire crew by 25%. One of the best options for the same is Diluc, who has exceptionally high damage and is also a Pyro character at the same time. Xiangling is a good F2P alternative for Diluc and also serves well when paired up with Klee.
Adding a standard healer and a crowd control character should round up the party. Both Qiqi and Venti can fill the aforementioned roles, but it boils down to user preference and comfortably at the end of the day.