Genshin Impact is still on a tear, and with a bunch of details on the next patch leaking out, it looks like the team at miHoYo are working hard on making sure players have plenty to do. While this is all well and good, there are some quality of life issues that have been part of the game since the launch. One of these that has stuck out like a sore thumb has been the inability to remap your controls in the game. While you would think this would be a pretty standard feature in every game, there are still some titles that just refuse to let you change up the controls to your liking!
Here is a look at some of the quality of life changes that are being worked on and should be available in future updates of the game according to Q&A that miHoYo held on October 9th. Credit to Zeniiet on Twitter for translating and providing the details.
- Mini social events will be introduce soon
- Ability to disabled auto-camera is being worked on
- Extra experience when upgrading equipment will be returned
- Ability to report players in multiplayer
- Keyboard / Controller Remapping
Now, those are changes that will be added in the future. The following list of features is going to be available in the next patch. This is seemingly going to be a very large update, because a ton of leaks have come out that show four new characters, additional weapons, features, events, and hopefully some fixes for the Resin system. Here's a look at what else you can expect from the patch:
- Ability to lock your Weapons and Artifacts
- Encyclopedia for Monsters, Animals, and Plants
- A compass that detects Anemoculus and Geoculus
- Ability to use food/healing items faster
- Fix added for the Elemental Reaction bug for Water and Lightning
- Fix for Lisa's attack that is sometimes unable to inflict Elemental Reactions
- Bugs around Elemental Reactions will be addressed
- Fix for the low damage on Overloaded Reaction
It's good that miHoYo is addressing a lot of concerns with players and looking to fix bugs as quickly as possible. However, the main concern with players as of now is the Resin system. This system is used quite a bit when you reach the late game, and it has players using up their allotments very quickly each day. We're hoping that miHoYo has additional plans to work on implementing ways that players can earn more, or if they can reduce the Resin prices, so players don't have to be worried about draining their reserves so often!