Our Hearthstone Dalaran Heist Guide features information on pricing, release dates, launch times, rewards, and everything else you'll need to know for this new single-player mode being brought to the Rise of Shadows expansion in Hearthstone!
The Dalaran Heist single-player mode for Rise of Shadows is the culmination of all the other rogue-like modes that Hearthstone has featured in the past. It is the combined knowledge of Dungeon Run, Monster Hunt, and Rumble Run. You will be fighting against 75 unique bosses, picking from nine different heroes that each have three hero powers, and can event extend the fun by participating in Anomaly Mode or trying the more challenging Heroic Mode! If you've been a fan of Hearthstone's PvE in the past, then you should really love what Dalaran Heist has to offer.
Update: (5/14/19): If you're excited to see some early single-player action in Hearthstone, then Blizzard has brought some content creators to play it on stream!
Dalaran Heist Chapters & Release Dates
- Chapter 1: Dalaran Bank - May 16th, 2019
- Description: Break into the Bank of Dalaran to loot its most precious artifacts.
- Twist: Coin-filled Coffers - A 0/3 Cache spawns on the opponent's side of the board. Breaking it gives 2 Coins to each player.
- Chapter 2: The Violet Hold -May 16th, 2019
- Description: Defeat the guards of this magical prison to unleash the horrors within
- Twist: Imprisoned Minions - At the start of the game a random minion from each player's deck is locked on the board. It will unlock once enough turns have by that are equal to its mana cost.
- Chapter 3: Streets of Dalaran - May 23rd, 2019
- Description: Overwhelm the merchants of Dalaran to control the heart of the city.
- Twist: Crowded Streets - A bunch of untargetable tokens or objects will be placed on the board, these reduce the amount of space you have for your minions!
- Chapter 4: The Underbelly - May 30th, 2019
- Description: Defeat the residents of these subterranean tunnels to hook up Dr. Boom's rockets.
- Twist: Swapped Attack & Health - Minions have their attack and health swapped.
- Chapter 5: Kirin Tor Citadel - June 6th, 2019
- Description: Do battle against the magical leaders of the Kirin Tor to claim the city for E.V.I.L.!
- Twist: Four Additional Encounters - There are four additional encounters to complete to finish this chapter!
What Time Will Dalaran Heist Be Releasing/Launching?
The first two chapters will launch on May 16th, 2019. The following times show the very likely times that they will be available, but these are not official! If Blizzard posts the exact times, we will update this immediately.
- NA: May 16th, 10AM PDT
- EU: May 16th, 7PM CEST / April 9th, 6PM BST
- Asia: May 16th, 2AM KST / April 10th, 1AM CST
- CN: May 16th, 1AM CST
Dalaran Heist Prices
The good news is that you get the first chapter for free! The bad news is that each other chapter will have to be purchased with either in-game currency (700 Gold) or real money ($6.99 USD per chapter). If you decide you want to just buy all of the chapters, you can pay $19.99 USD for all four of the additional chapters!
Dalaran Heist - Hearthside Chat
There's a lot of great information in this Hearthside Chat video with Game Designer Giovanni Scarpati!
Dalaran Heist Cinematic
Dalaran Heist Rewards
For each individual chapter you unlock, you will get three Rise of Shadows packs for free (15 in total if you unlock all five chapters). If you unlock all five of the chapters, you will get yourself a sweet Golden copy of Zayle, Shadow Cloak and a Golden Classic Card Pack (all cards are guaranteed to be golden).
If Zayle, Shadow Cloak sounds familiar, it is because it is very similar to! Zayle will be the only card required to be placed in your deck, and when you take it into the game you will play one of five EVIL decks at random.
If you don't want to purchase the Dalaran Heist single-player mode, you can still craft a normal copy of Zayle, Shadow Cloak when it releases.
There's two card backs up for grabs, one is for completing the Dalaran Heist normally, and the other is for completing it in Heroic mode!
Dalaran Heist Heroes, Hero Powers, & Decks
You will get to pick from nine classes, each of which has its own custom hero! These heroes have the choice of three different hero powers, but you will have to unlock them by completing particular tasks.
Druid - Squeamlish (Unlocked Chapter 4)
"A Druid of the Rat, known for her turtle and hedgehog forms."
Druid Hero Powers
- #1: Shapeshift (2 mana) – +1 Attack this turn. +1 Armor.
- #2: Lifebloom (2 mana) – Restore a minion to full health.
- #3: Touch of Bark (2 mana) – Give a minion +1/+1.
- Two Paths
- Nature’s Boon
- Random Druid Deck
Hunter - Ol' Barkeye (Unlocked Chapter 2)
"Who gave a high powered sniper rifle to a gnoll?"
Hunter Hero Powers
- #1: Steady Shot (2 mana) – Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero.
- #2: Opportunist (2 mana) – Give a minion +2 Attack this turn.
- #3: Pet Training (1 mana) – Add a 1/1 Shifting Chameleon to your hand.
- Beast Within
- Locked and Loaded
- Tech and Death
- Random Hunter Deck
Mage - Rakanishu (Unlocked Chapter 1)
"The mischievous fire elemental from Togwaggle's lantern."
Mage Hero Powers
- #1: Fireblast (2 mana) – Deal 1 damage.
- #2: Burning Wit (1 mana) – Reduce the cost of a random card in your hand by (2).
- #3: Frostburn (2 mana) – Freeze a character. If it’s already Frozen, deal 2 damage.
- Kindling Apprentice
- The Elements
- Random Mage Deck
Paladin - George the Fallen (Unlocked Chapter 5)
A vengeful paladin who's breaking vows and faces alike.
Paladin Hero Powers
- #1: Reinforce (2 mana) – Summon a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit.
- #2:Backup (2 mana) – Add three 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits to your hand.
- #3:Boon of Light (2 mana) – Give a friendly minion Divine Shield.
- Old Hero
- Holy Flames
- Random Paladin Deck
Priest - Kriziki (Unlocked Chapter 3)
Lazul promised this shadowy arakkoa that she would fly.
Priest Hero Powers
- #1: Lesser Heal (2 mana) – Restore 2 Health.
- #2: Distort (2 mana) – Swap a minion’s Attack and Health.
- #3: Soothe (1 mana) – Give a minion -2 Attack until next turn.
- Random Priest Deck
Rogue - Captain Eudora (Unlocked Chapter 3)
"This fleet-footed vulpera pirate captain has gone freelance."
Rogue Hero Powers
- #1: Dagger Mastery (2 mana) – Equip a 1/2 Dagger.
- #2: Yoink (2 mana) – Add a random card to your hand (from another class).
- #3: Cut-less (2 mana) – Deal 2 damage to an undamaged minion.
- Dead Man’s Tale
- Kobold’s Desire
- Random Rogue Deck
Shaman - Vessina (Unlocked Chapter 2)
"Hagatha's shamanic serpentine sidekick slithers sinisterly."
Shaman Hero Powers
- #1: Totemic Call (2 mana) – Summon a random Totem.
- #2: Evolution (2 mana) – Transform a friendly minion into one that costs (1) more.
- #3: Refresh (1 mana) – Draw a card. Overload (1)
- Carve and Curse
- Primal Storms
- The Swamp
- Random Shaman Deck
Warlock - Tekahn (Unlocked Chapter 5)
"This tol'vir prince is forged of hate and stone."
Warlock Hero Powers
- #1: Life Tap (2 mana) – Draw a card and take 2 damage.
- #2: Pain Split (2 mana) – Take 2 damage. Deal 2 damage.
- #3: The Pact (2 mana) – Take 2 damage. Summon a 2/2 Imp.
- Random Warlock Deck
Warrior - Mr. Chu (Unlocked Chapter 4)
"This black-market bodyguard is the new muscle for E.V.I.L."
Warrior Hero Powers
- Hero Power #1: Armor Up! (2 mana) – Gain 2 Armor.
- Hero Power #2: Invigorating Brew (2 mana) – Deal 1 damage to a minion and give it +2 Attack.
- Hero Power #3: Undermine (2 mana) – Shuffle two Explosives into your opponent’s deck (they deal 2 damage when drawn).
- Tough Crowd
- Burning Fury
- Random Warrior Deck
Dalaran Heist Friendly Encounters
It appears you won't just be facing off against bosses in this mode, there will be friendly encounters where you can pretty much edit your deck. You can remove cards that you don't want, and you can even recruit some new ones if you see something sweet that the NPC has to offer!
You get a certain amount of coins to work with, and each action costs you a coin (or 0 in the case of Dismiss).
Dalaran Heist Anomaly & Heroic Mode
If you want to change things up a bit in the adventure, then you can try your luck at Anomaly Mode! You can replay one of the chapters, and when you do you will be given a random effect for that particular run. For example, there's "Anomaly - Hallucinating: Both players start the game with 10 'Hallucinations' in their deck." There's also the Wild Magic Anomaly, it reads: "All spells cast an additional time. (targets chosen randomly). Each time you start a new run, you will get a different effect that will help vary up the experience to add more life to the mode!
If difficulty is what you crave, then you are in luck with Heroic Mode! This ramps up the difficulty quite a bit by giving the bosses more health and better decks. Your deck building skills and RNG will be tested to the max.