The Fortnite v10.10 Content Update is now live, and it brings with it a new item and some weirdly glitched consumables. The Junk Rift is a new throwable item that will send a random large object plummeting down from the sky via a rift. This object will damage players and any structures standing in its way. It can deal 200 damage via a direct hit to a player, and will deal 100 shockwave damage. Glitched Consumables are like any of the forageable food or items you find around the map, but they randomly switch to different objects from the past! Check out the rest of the notes below.
Heads up! You can now deal with opponents by dropping heavy things on them. With the power of the Rift, summon anchors, cars, and more to fall from the sky.
They say you are what you consume, but these consumables don’t even know what they are. A Rift Beacon has exploded, creating forageable items that keep turning into other forageable items — they’re glitched!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Junk Rift
- A throwable item that breaks on contact and spawns a large object in the sky that plummets to the ground.
- The plummeting object:
- Damages players and destroys everything in its path.
- Creates a small shockwave upon landing that damages players and destroys everything in its radius.
- Direct hit: 200
- Direct hits slightly knock players back.
- Shockwave hit: 100
- Both hits immediately destroy vehicles and destructible objects on impact.
- Drops in stacks of 2.
- Max stack size: 4
- Epic Rarity.
- Available from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, and Llamas.
- Glitched Consumables
- Glitched Consumables are at the explosion site. These randomly switch between different forageable items from the past.
- Grant 5 Health.
- Grant 5 Shield.
- Grant 5 Effective Health (sum of a player’s Health + Shield).
- Increases player movement speed for a short duration.
- Hop Rocks
- Decreases player gravity for a short duration.
- Shadow Stone
- Turns players into a ghost for a short time, temporarily increasing their movement speed slightly and letting them dash through structures.
- The map has changed! The Rift Beacon at the Rec Center malfunctioned, causing an explosion that left a giant crater and created the Glitched Consumables.
- Glitched Consumables can only be found at the crater.
ART + ANIMATION
- The Green Toy Wrap has been updated.
- Because of this, owners of the Toy Soldiers Wraps bundle have been given the option to refund the bundle without the use of a Refund Token.
- NOTE: Players have 30 days from their next login to redeem this refund.
WHAT'S NEW?Prefabs and Galleries
With these prefabs and galleries, celebrate the return of Dusty Depot or reminisce on Dusty Diner!
PREFABS & GALLERIES
- Added 5 New Prefabs
- Dusty Depot Blue Warehouse
- Dusty Depot Gray Warehouse
- Dusty Depot Red Warehouse
- Dusty Depot Visitor Warehouse
- Dusty Diner
- Added 2 New Galleries
- Dusty Depot & Diner Gallery
- Dusty Depot & Diner Prop Gallery
SAVE THE WORLDV6 Launcher
Rev up your engines with this new Rocket Launcher! The V6 Launcher hits the Weekly Store to join the Rat Rod Weapon set.
Cloaked Star Hits the Road!
This week, help Cloaked Star make his way to the Radio Station to broadcast his Song of the Summer. Load up the van and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road with a new weekly quest!
- Mission details now correctly update when switching between different Missions with a controller.
- Resolved an issue where objective information was not displayed for the current Mission.
- Added some information that was missing from the Command and Armory tabs.
- Fixed an issue where the map was not loading properly after changing tabs.
- Game no longer crashes when launching a Mission through the “Play Now” button in the quest log.
- The Record Dash quest no longer states to find five records instead of four when in a full party.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- The V6 Launcher explodes into the Weekly Store!
- Shoots small, fast rockets. Launches up to 6 rockets before needing to reload. Does not consume ammo, but has very low durability.
- Available in the Weekly Store from Wednesday, August 21st at 8 PM ET, until Wednesday, August 28th at 8 PM ET.