Overlook Bay's beta has been out for a couple of weeks now, and they have seemingly squashed a bunch of bugs in the meantime. It looks like they are now we're going to start getting some content updates! This is pretty good news, especially if you're a pet love because the first major update is going to bring Shiny Pets to the game! If you've played Adopt Me, then you're likely familiar with the Neon system. This is going to be somewhat similar in Overlook Bay, but there's going to be some differences which we will get into in this post!
This update has been delayed unfortunately! We don't know when it will be launched now, but we did get a look at how the machine will transform your pet:
Shiny Pets have been delayed sadly, but I wanted to give you some more tea showing you how cool it really is! 💗 pic.twitter.com/Qk3tMNilQq
— ⭐Code Honey (@H0neyTheUnicorn) August 6, 2020
Here's a look at the official update notes from the Wonder Works Studio Twitter:
- Shiny Pets (Turn two max level pets of the same type into a Shiny)
- Friends Button (Allows you to teleport to your friends)
- Needs GPS (Click on a need to navigate to it)
- Pet Needs (Created a new system for needs that actually works)
- Penthouse Saving (Wallpaper and Flooring will save)
- Inventory Sorting (Sorts by rarity and all similar items are together)
- Mobile Tooltip (Allows you to see inventory details on Mobile)
- NPC Upgrades (All NPC's in the game now say something to you)
- Particle Effects (Added over a dozen new particle effects)
- Sound Effects (Added over 8 new sound fx to bring the game to life)
- Dress Up Fixes (Re-Added kits and animations to the dress up)
- New Data System (You will no longer lose any progress)
- Daily Login Adjustments (Gives you more time to claim your login)
That's quite a few things getting added to the game, so this is a pretty good sized update. The standout item, however, is the Shiny Pets system. It looks like you will just need two max level pets of the same type to turn a pet into a Shiny. Those two pets will be combined, which will make you lose one, but the result is an awesome looking new pet!
It looks like you will be able to turn two pets into one shiny at this machine:
— ⭐Code Honey (@H0neyTheUnicorn) August 5, 2020
Here's a look at the current shiny animation:
— ⭐Code Honey (@H0neyTheUnicorn) August 3, 2020
We don't know if you will have to level up the pet again. Once we learn anything more about the patch, we will update this post with more information!