The battle against the Royalists is one of few instances where the Utility route presents you with an actual challenge. Patriatte is surrounded by enemies and more are at your back. How do you overcome such an adversary?
You can actually fast-track your way through this battle. You just have to remember your goal: to defeat Patriatte. Similar to the Avlora battle in Chapter 15, this is a rush-to-the-boss stage. You must defeat Patriatte before the enemies behind you can catch up to your position or you'll get overwhelmed.
How to beat Patriatte
Patriatte is little tanky and surrounded by enemies as mentioned, but you can defeat him quickly if you position your units correctly. Below are a few tips:
- Bring characters that can stall the enemy, preferably those who have long-range abilities. Some examples are Hughette (Shadowstepping Arrow), Lionel (provoke), and Rudolph (slumber).
- Bring Erador with you. Erador will keep the enemies around Patriatte busy with his two-tile provoke skill. Just be sure to provoke the mages too, or they’ll defeat him in one attack. You can also keep the mages’ TPs low with Julio or kill them first. Their HP is pretty low!
- Bring Anna with you. Give her stealth and position her at the back of Patriatte’s goons and have her wait for the rest of her allies to come near. Anna can attack twice per turn, so if you were to deal two follow-up attacks to Patriatte with a heavy hitter like Serenoa on the opposite side, you’ll defeat him pretty quickly.
- Use the Lightwave Quietus when you’re ready to charge to Patriatte.
- Use Missed Opportunity when Patriatte gets too close for comfort and you haven’t quite surrounded him yet.
Without Benedict, be sure to have Medina with you. Fast-Acting Medication can grant another turn, which should be useful for Anna. Her Double Items and HP Physick skills are also useful for emergency heals.
Your Cordelia is upgradeless, so she’s very vulnerable. You can keep her alive by keeping her close to your allies, but if a stray archer defeats her, that’s alright! The battle is doable without her aid.
For more help with Triangle Strategy, take a look at some of the other articles here at Pro Game Guides.