The light puzzle of Act 3 in Scorn can be immensely frustrating, but it is one of only two puzzles in the area. Players can get their hands on a new weapon as well, making it easier to take care of the combat focused parts of the level. Players will have to descend to further levels in the elevator they activated, and each floor has more threats than the last. This is how to solve the light puzzle in Act 3 of Scorn.
How to solve the light puzzle in Act 3 of Scorn
The puzzles of Act 2 are a lot simpler than the ones in the following level. The light puzzle or node puzzle, has players try to light up every circular node. There are two of these puzzles found in Act 3 in order to obtain keys for an elevator. When players get to the first light puzzle, it will start in the same order, but even if players have already played around with it, these are the steps to solving it:
- Get the middle node aligned with the rod
- The middle rod will have to align with the bottom node at the end which can be done by latching onto the left or right node and rotating them.
- While the middle node and rod are attached to one side, rotate the other until it lights up
- Keeping the middle node attached to one side keeps it from rotating while moving the opposite one.
- Attach the middle node to the opposite one that was moved and rotate the unattached node until it lights up
- Just like in the second step, keeping the middle node attached to the opposite node prevents it from moving. They should now both be lit up.
- Move the middle node to point down
The puzzle should now be solved and players will get their first key for the elevator.
How to solve the second light puzzle
The second light puzzle of Act 3 works the same way as the first one, but with an additional node to work with. Both the middle and top nodes can be used to either prevent unattached nodes from moving or move two nodes simultaneously. Whether players have moved things around or are starting the puzzle from scratch, these are the steps to solving the puzzle:
- Align the top node with its attached rod
- This is automatically aligned at the beginning of the puzzle, but if players have moved it, attaching it to another node will let players rotate it back in place by selecting the attached node and moving it.
- Align the middle node with its attached rod
- This can be done by attaching the middle node with either the left or right node. As long as the top node isn't attached to anything, it will not rotate.
This would be the solution if players haven't messed around with the puzzle, but in case they have, here are some tips on how to solve the puzzle.
- Alternate which node is attached and then rotate
- Having nodes attached, rotating them, and then detaching them is a viable way of getting them where in the right spot.
- Attach both the top and middle node to either the left or right
- If both the top and middle nodes are attached to one node, they are able to freely move the detached one without moving any of the others. This makes it so players only have to worry about the top and middle nodes being aligned with the rods.
For more Scorn guides, check out Are there multiple endings to Scorn? Ending Explained on Pro Game Guides.