The Not So Berry Challenge for The Sims 4 was created by Lilsimsie and Alwayswimming as an alternative to the original Berry Challenge. Like any great challenge in The Sims 4, there are plenty of clearly outlined rules to help you achieve the goal. In this one, produce a legacy of heirs who have a diversity of berry colors, careers, and tasks to complete in their lifetime. Follow our helpful guide to get started with your own Not So Berry legacy of heirs.
The Sims 4 Not So Berry Challenge Rules
There are a few rules that apply to every heir of the Not So Berry Challenge, but there are some that are specific to a certain generation (see generation rules below). Thankfully, this challenge's rules are mostly common sense and don't require any tedious actions on the part of the player. Follow these basic rules, but also remember to review rules that are specific to each generation:
- Every heir (the main Sim you start with, then future heirs) must fully wear and represent the color of every generation. You do not need to make their skin that color (this is what makes it the Not So Berry Challenge), but you can if you'd like.
- Spouses do not have to fit the color of a generation.
- Money cheats aren't against the rules, but aren't recommended. The Freerealestate cheat to get started is the main cheat that challenge players use.
- Players can live in any neighborhood.
- The career and aspirations of each generation's heir need to be completed. Every heir has to finish their aspiration and career (table below) before they die.
- The lifespan setting should be normal, not long or short.
Not So Berry Challenge Generation Rules - The Sims 4
When you start playing the Not So Berry challenge, you'll need to establish the first generation's heir. This starts with a mint-colored Sim and then progresses into each color. Every heir is required to have a specific career, aspiration, and traits. There are also rules and tasks for each generation. Use our helpful table to figure out how to set up each heir:
|One - Mint||Scientist||Chief of Mischief||Jealous, Materialistic, Vegetarian||- Master both the mischief and logic skills|
- Start and finish the elements collection
|Two - Rose||Politician||Serial Romantic||Hot Headed, Romantic, Snob||- Have your Sim only have one child|
- Master the charisma skill
- Leave a Sim at the wedding altar, after being engaged
- Get married only when at elder age
|Three - Yellow||Astronaut||Nerd Brain||Ambitious, Clumsy, Loner||- Master both the rocket science and handiness skill|
- Build a rocket shop and use it to visit Sixam
- Find and enter the Oasis Springs secret lot
- Have no relationships/close friends outside of Grandparent 1 (Mint generation). Can change after the grandparent dies.
|Four - Gray||Athlete||Bodybuilder||Active, Music Lover, Snob||- Master the athletic, parenting, and singing skills |
- Have a failed relationship three times, then marry a neat Sim
- Reach Good Friends level with all of your children
- Every Sunday, have a Movie Night every Sunday
|Five - Plum||Doctor, Fast Food, Entertainer||Renaissance Sim||Dance Machine, Genius, Non-Committal||- Master the dance skill and two others you choose|
- Reach level eight in six skills that you choose
- Divorce and then remarry the same Sim
- Live in three different worlds
|Six - Orange||Criminal||Public Enemy||Evil, Glutton, Self-Assured||- Master both baking and charisma skills |
- For your entire young adult age, live in an apartment with Needs TLC trait
- Have twins and no more children (use cheats)
- Use the Claim to be Criminal Mastermind trait often with everyone your Sim knows
|Seven - Pink||Business||Best Selling Author||Creative, Neat, Unflirty||- Complete the postcard collection |
- Master both writing and wellness skills
- Have a successful and extensive garden
- As an adult (not a young adult), quit your day job and pursue your dreams
|Eight - Peach||Detective||Joke Star||Foodie, Goofball, Lazy||- Marry any coworker |
- Play an instrument
- Live in a different world from where the Sim grew up
|Nine - Green||Tech Guru||Computer Whiz||Cheerful, Geek, Squeamish||- Master video gaming, mixology, and programming skills|
- Accept every invite to parties/ outings that friends send
- Have five enemies and five good friends (you can have more)
|Ten - Blue||Critic||Super Parent||Family-Oriented, Gloomy, Perfectionist||- Adopt one child or more|
- Master cooking, photography, and parenting skills
- Marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until death
- Have a one-time affair and keep it secret
Do you need any mods for The Sims 4 Not So Berry Challenge?
You do not need any mods for the Not So Berry Challenge in The Sims 4. There are none required, nor any that would necessarily help you. Mods are not banned, as long as they don't advantage your Sims in the challenge. Simple mods that don't conflict with the challenge are allowed and can be used, such as aesthetic mods made to change the look of worlds.
What packs do you need for The Sims 4 Not So Berry Challenge?
There are three expansion packs that are ideal to have while playing the Not So Berry challenge. These packs are Get Together, Get to Work, and City Living packs. With that being said, you can always attempt to complete the challenge if you are missing one or more of these expansion packs. Simply substitute requirements (like living in a Needs TLC apartment) with the best equivalent you can think of.
Don't forget that a challenge in The Sims 4 is an unofficial list of goals to reach. You don't have to take any Sims 4 challenge too seriously. The main point is for you to play The Sims 4 in a way you haven't before. So if you need to make edits to make the challenge more fun or accessible, feel free.
Want to read more about The Sims 4 challenges? If so, check out 15 Fun Sims 4 Challenges You Should Try on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
How to complete the Not So Berry Challenge in The Sims 4