When a new update rolls out for The Sims 4, fans tend to want the details ASAP. This is understandable, as The Sims 4 manages to not only fix bugs in their updates but also throw out some free goodies for fans to enjoy. So what's in this month's patch? Read below to see!
Sims 4 Tooth Loss Console Update (March 29, 2023) - Patch Notes
Consoles now have the same update that PC got on March 24, 2023. The tooth loss glitch is still not fixed, but it has been pulled from consoles as well:
- Sims were having an issue with hair, skin, and clothing changes when losing a tooth. Until the issue is permanently fixed, the tooth loss option is temporarily disabled.
Sims 4 Tooth Loss Update (March 24, 2023) - Patch Notes
To address a glitch from the Growing Years Expansion Pack, a feature has been pulled from The Sims 4:
- Addressing an issue where Sims who were losing a tooth experienced aesthetic changes to hair, skin, etc. While the feature is being fixed, tooth loss is currently disabled.
Related: Sims 4: All Fears & How to get rid of them – Fears and Wants Guide
Sims 4 Infant Update (March 14, 2023) - Patch Notes
What's Been Added
The big draw for the March 2023 update to The Sims 4 is the revamped infants in-game. As the Growing Together Expansion pack prepares to launch, players that own at least the base game will also get to enjoy the perks of babies that are more than just assets sitting in a crib.
- Functional babies! There is still the old style of infants, but now they are labeled as Newborns (this stage lasts around 2-3 days, depending on life length settings), with the revamped babies being called Infants. New Infant Sims can crawl, play with siblings, and generally interact more with their surroundings.
- Infants come with clothing, accessories, and six new traits that can be modified in CAS.
- New nursery additions! A few cribs (including an upgradeable one), a travel crib, and miscellaneous decor/furniture options have been added for Sim parents to adorn their homes with.
- A brand new phone feature called Science Baby, allows you to see what a genetic mix of two Sims would result in.
Corrected Bugs & Issues/Improvements
- Toddlers and Children can now interact with Newborns. This was not a bug, but it is a gameplay improvement.
- Newborns now have an improved range of skin tones.
- General improvements in Newborn Sim appearances.
- Interactions of caregivers with Newborn Sims tweaked for more natural movements.
- Improved hair swatches, for consistency in color.
- Family members will call not call Sims with family planning advice as often.
- Fears have been scaled for more appropriate (lesser) occurrences.
- Expanded Dislikes and Likes for Decor.
- Stuffed animals are now considered toys.
- General small bug fixes were made throughout.
- Notifications throughout the game have been improved for clarity.
Want to read more about The Sims 4? If so, check out How to complete the Not So Berry Challenge in The Sims 4 on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Sims 4 Patch Notes – Tooth Loss Update