When you have a fish pond filled with Slimejacks, you will sometimes get a quest to get an item called petrified slime in Stardew Valley, so here is everything you need to know on where to get petrified slimes.
Where to find Petrified Slime in Stardew Valley
To get petrified slime, you will need to either normal geodes or omi geodes most of the time; you can also get petrified slime from slime balls inside a slime hutch, albeit rarely.
That said, you would honestly be better off going with the geode route as there are ways to mine rocks to get them far faster than relying on slimes inside a slime hutch. When you get enough geodes, take them to the blacksmith in town, and break them open on mass; eventually, you will get the petrified slime you need for the fish pond quest.
So with that said, we recommend unlocking mega bombs at level eight mining and then going down to level 117+ to mine all of the rocks to farm geodes. If you are not at the point where you can do this, just simply mine rocks and keep mining rocks to farm geodes. You can do this with a starting pick too, but you would be better off with at least a cooper pick+, to make the most out of your mining trips.
However, to really make the most out of it, we highly recommend unlocking bombs and using them; you can craft over three types of bombs; check below for everything you need.
- Cherry bombs: Least effective bomb, but still better than wasting precious energy; you unlock this at level one mining, and it destroys rocks in a radius of three. The Dwarf also sells them for 300 gold; honestly, that price is not worth for what you get.
- Four Copper Ore
- One Coal
- Drops from Duggys at a 25 percent rate.
- Drops from Rock crabs at a 40 percent rate.
- Bombs: Now we are getting somewhere; if you got these unlocked with level six mining, use them instead of the cherries, as they are a lot better and destroy more rocks in a radius of five. You can also get these from the Desert trader for five refined quartz or buy them from the Dwarf with 600 gold as a side note.
- Four Iron Ore
- One Coal
- Drops from lava crabs at a 40 percent rate.
- Drops from serpents at a 15 percent rate.
- Drops from squid kid at a 10 percent rate.
- Mega Bombs: These are the best bombs in the game; however, using them is challenging as the blast radius is huge (up to 8 tiles), so you will probably find yourself taking damage a lot. To counter this problem, just pack plenty of health items like life elixirs; you can also get these bombs from the Dwarf for 1k gold.
- Four Gold Ore
- One Solar Essence
- One Void Essence
When you make some bombs, follow our instructions at the start of this guide to farm geodes. But in short, the goal is to get as many geodes as possible to break open at the blacksmith to potentially get petrified slimes. It may take a few tries, but it will be far quicker than relying on slime hutches if you blow up as many rocks as possible.
Once you get a petrified slime, you can then use it either for the fish pond quest or to make Slime Shirt inside a sewing machine. If you want to use it to turn the quest in, all you need to do is find your fish pond and throw the item in it. Doing so will also increase your slime jack pop to 10.
For more on Stardew Valley, we at PGG have you covered with an expanding roster of guides like how to make a scarecrow and how to get iron bars in Stardew Valley. We also have a lot of guides on other games that you can find on the home page hub.