There are six weapons in The Callisto Protocol, and while each of them has potential, only a few of them are handy in every situation. Fully upgraded, these weapons won't disappoint, but they take a lot of time to invest in. Every weapon can stun and deal damage, but the effectiveness of each varies between each one. These are the best weapon in The Callisto Protocol.
Best Weapons Tier List in The Callisto Protocol
Every weapon in The Callisto Protocol can be measured by its effectiveness in both one-on-one situations and against groups of enemies. Unlocking the schematics for these weapons requires that players purchase them from the Forge, but it might not be worth investing in to begin with. Each weapon's effectiveness has many factors to it. So, we go over each weapon's general effectiveness.
- Riot Gun - This weapon is fantastic in groups of enemies and can be used in between melee attacks with the Stun Baton. It can be used to stop transformations, and its alt fire is capable of killing every enemy (apart from bosses) in one shot.
- Skunk Gun - Despite having a smaller magazine than the Riot Gun, this weapon is very powerful at close range. Its alt fire isn't as strong as the Riot Gun, but the Skunk gun doesn't need it at all. The weapon requires little investment after its damage upgrade and doesn't cost all too much, either.
- Hand Cannon - While this weapon lacks damage with its normal shots, its alt fire can take out early to mid game enemies with a single shot. The ammo consumption can be a problem, but when using its normal ammo, it can be paired with the Stun Baton for a large amount of damage.
- Stun Baton - While this weapon is very good in the early to mid game, it requires a lot of investment to make it worthwhile. Both the damage upgrades are necessary to keep up with the quick transformation of enemies, and the Block Breaker upgrade is necessary as well. It is a great alternative to saving ammo, but it isn't as powerful as the other weapons.
- Tactical Pistol - Although this weapon's schematic won't show up until the late game, its use is fairly limited. It lacks damage and ends up replacing item drops with its own ammo, potentially taking away the chances of getting ammo for better weapons like the Riot Gun.
- Assault Rifle - The best part of this weapon is its fast rate of fire. This can be used to stop transformations reliably but is hard to use against groups.
For more weapon guides, check out All Weapons and Upgrades in The Callisto Protocol on Pro Game Guides.