Our WoW Classic: How-to Guide answers some of those burning questions you might have while playing the game for either the first time or returning after a long stint away from World of Warcraft. We're taking a look at how-to feed your pet, leave a guild, reset talents, unlearn professions, and finally how-to get to Stormwind from Darnassus and how-to make your way to Darkshore!
Table of Contents
- How-to Feed Pet
- How-to Leave Guild
- How-to Reset Talents
- How-to Unlearn Profession
- How-to Get to Stormwind from Darnassus
- How-to Get to Darkshore
How-to Feed Your Pet
If you're a Hunter and trying to learn how-to feed your newly acquired pet, you might be a bit confused on how-to do it! First, you need to make sure you have the Feed Pet ability. This requires you to complete the Hunter quest you got that allowed you to get the Tame Beast spell. Once you've gotten that, you will need to check what kind of food your pet will eat. Each pet type requires a specific type of diet. some pets like meat and others require fish or other things. Open up your Character window and you'll see a new Pet tab at the bottom. Click on that then look for the little happiness level icon at the top left of the window. That shows you what your pet will eat. Get some food that it will eat, and either drag and drop the food onto your pet or click the Feed Pet ability and then click on the food!
How-to Leave a Guild
There's a couple of ways to do this, but the easiest is just to hit enter which will open up your text box. Type in either "/gquit" or "/guildquit" and that will remove you from your current Guild. Keep in mind that there will be no alert or confirmation box, so once you do this you won't be able to revert it unless you rejoin the guild. You can also press J which by default will open up the Guild window. Press the Roster tab at the bottom, scroll to your name, right-click it, and then hit Leave Guild!
If you started your own Guild and want to leave, you will need to disband it. You can type "/gdisband" in the chat to do so.
How-to Reset Your Talents
You really only want to do this pretty sparingly, because each time you do reset your talent the price will go up (starts at 1g and goes up in 5g intervals until capping out at 50g). Be pretty set with whatever build you want to do while leveling, you really don't want to be wasting gold throwing it away on resets. If you want to reset your talents, then head to your class trainer and pay them the required gold. You can find your trainer in main cities (Orgrimmar, Undercity, or Thunder Bluff for Horde and Stormwind, Ironforge, or Darnassus for Alliance), but you can sometimes find them in other smaller areas.
More Great World of Warcraft Content
- WoW Classic: How-to Install Addons – Downloading & Using Addons
- WoW Classic: Phases Guide – Timeline, Release Plan, PVP
- WoW Classic: Dungeon Levels List – Level Requirements & Ranges
- WoW Classic: Best Professions Guide – Top Jobs for PvP or PvE!
- WoW Classic: How-to Get Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
How-to Unlearn a Profession
In World of Warcraft: Classic, you can only have two professions at a time. So, if you've got your heart set on doing some crafting or just want to gather throughout your leveling and don't have room for the new profession, you might be wondering how to get rid of one. First, you won't keep the progress you made on whatever Profession you are getting rid of. Second, you'll want to open your character window (C), then click on the Skills tab. You'll see a Professions header in the window with your currently learned Professions. Click on the one you want to remove, it will open up a description of the Profession in the lower window. You'll see a little button next to the progress bar of the Profession, go ahead and click that to remove your Profession!
How-to Get to Darkshore
- Go to Darnassus, the main Night Elf city.
- Go through the pink portal under the tree in Darnassus. It's on the west side of the area, near The Temple Gardens.
- Follow the path down to the dock and get on the boat that will eventually come.
- Ride the boat on over to Darkshore!
How-to Get to Stormwind from Darnassus
This can be a long process, but there's a shortcut you can do that should save you sometime. Ideally, you'll be level 5 when you attempt this. It's probably better to just watch the video, but I'll try to outline the steps below.
- Ride the same boat to Darkshore as you did previously, or use the flight path to go there.
- Go to the dock in Darkshore, and get on the boat that comes to the left side of the dock (if you're facing the water).
- You'll now be in Menethil Harbor. Get the flight path while you are here.
- Walk onto the dock directly in front of the Gryphon Master and go to the end of it. Jump into the water and start swimming south towards Dun Morogh.
- Once you reach the mountains, you can kind of run along them at times to speed up your process.
- Once you reach Dun Morogh (it should pop up as a discovered area), jump in the water and drown yourself.
- Release your spirit and return yourself to life.
- You will now be in the Dwarven starting zone.
- Go north then east along the path towards the Coldridge Pass and go through the cave. Try to avoid the Troggs, if you die, just go back to your body and resurrect yourself.
- Continue resurrecting until you are out of the cave.
- Follow the path east to Kharanos, and then on to Ironforge.
- At Ironforge, grab the flight path then go to Tinker Town and the Deeprun Tram.
- Take the first tram and it will bring you to Stormwind!