Running from the dinosaurs sometimes seemed like a full-time job in ARK Survival Ascended, but I still had to find time to acquire the all-important resources. In this guide, I will cover all vital resource locations on The Island map so you know where to find all the necessary resources.
Every resource location on The Island in ARK Survival Ascended
I have created a map marking all resource spots on The Island map in ARK Survival Ascended. Resources are vital to base-building and a crucial ingredient to your survival in a hostile world. It would be a good idea to open the map on the side while you play as a reference point, as I did during my play sessions. Here is a quick rundown of all the in-game resources you might need:
- Crystal: You will use this a lot when you unlock more advanced Engrams, like Spyglass and similar. They are notoriously hard to obtain, with the largest deposit at the northernmost snow-covered tundra area. Be well-prepared before venturing to this location, filled with hostile creatures.
- Metal: Due to the Metal's vital role in crafting many different components, I wanted to optimize its yield as much as possible. I found that Metal spawns most frequently in large quantities in the northwest tundra. However, I prefer to gather it around the volcano crater and the neighboring mountaintops because of the former's inherent hostility.
- Obsidian: Crucial for polymer crafting and subsequent high-tier Engrams. I only found Obsidian at the tallest mountain peaks, including the volcano crater. Otherwise, you can get it by traveling northwest tundra.
- Oil: I found that the easiest method to farm oil in smaller quantities is to hunt for aquatic creatures like Basilosaurus and Leeches. There is a mass of nodes in the northwest tundra, which is a location ripe for all resource farming. However, I don't recommend going for it until you reach a higher level.
- Silica Pearls: Vital to electronics crafting. Most commonly found in large deposits near the map edges. You can also get them by harvesting Trilobite corpses.
Looking for more guides to help you fight the elements and Dinos in ARK Survival Ascended? Look no further; you're in the right place! Check out Ark Survival Ascended dev kit – Where to get and ARK Survival Ascended Breeding Guide and Maturation Times, here on Pro Game Guides!