You unlock Divine Inspirations through Devotion. Some are decorations, but many have benefits like generating resources, farming, hiding dead bodies, etc. Here are some of the best unlocks you can get in the game.
All Divine Inspiration unlocks in Cult of the Lamb
|Tier One||Temple, Sleeping Bags, Body Pit, Farm Plot, Farming Bundle|
|Tier Two||Cult II, Shelter, Basic Decorations, Offering Statue, Tabernacle, Prison, Lumber Yard, Stone Mine, Missionary, Demonic Summoning Circle, Scarecrow|
|Tier Three||Refinery, Outhouse, Healing Bay, Janitor Station, Shrine Flame Bundle, Cheaper Rituals, Confession Booth, Propaganda Speakers, Missionary II, Demonic Summoning Circle II, Fertilizer Silo, Harvest Totem|
|Tier Four||Cult III, Grand Shelter, Shrine Flame II, Tabernacle II, Ritual Cool Downs, Refinery II, Bone Decorations, Farmer Station II, Compost, Trap Scarecrow|
|Tier Five||Cult IV, Outhouse II, Healing Bay II, Shrine Flame III, Tabernacle III, Lumberyard II, Stone Mine II, Missionary III, Demonic Summoning Circle III, Devotion Harvest Totem|
- Sleeping Bags are essential not only for maintaining your follower's loyalty but also because they are the main prerequisite for many other Divine Inspiration unlocks. To create a Shelter, Healing Bay, or Prison, you must first have Sleeping Bags. Sleeping Bags also guarantee that your followers have a place to rest when they inevitably get sick.
- Foraging is a good way to get food, but it won't be enough as your followers grow in number. Building Farm Plots guarantees that you can constantly have seeds growing, which is helpful for both farming and completing quests, like Sozo's Menticide Mushroom adventure.
- The Refinery is another unlockable item that will come in handy as you enter the game's later stages. Some items need more advanced construction materials like wooden planks or stone bricks that can only be crafted using the Refinery.
- While not essential to the survival of your followers, it's worthwhile to unlock the Outhouse as soon as possible. You'll still be able to harvest the fertilizer from the Outhouse, but your followers will no longer have negative buffs when they encounter poop as they move about their day.
- The Scarecrow is a great unlock not just because it protects your seeds but because it can be upgraded into the Trap Scarecrow, which captures the birds that would otherwise steal your seeds. You can then use the birds for meat which, when partnered with your crops, gives you double the food resources.
Demonic Summoning Circle
- As you continue through the crusades, the levels get harder. This is where a Demonic Summoning Circle comes in handy. Using a summoning circle, you can possess a follower (or two, if you've upgraded the circle) with the spirit of a demon. This follower will accompany you on the crusades and help you eliminate enemies.
How to unlock Divine Inspirations in Cult of the Lamb
You unlock Divine Inspiration by gathering Devotion from your Shrine. On the top of your screen, there is a progress bar that fills with Devotion. Once it's filled to the top, you will unlock a point of Divine Inspiration. You will then be prompted to choose which item you want to unlock.