Mayhem is the one Crucible mode in Destiny 2 that allows Guardians to cut loose with their powers. Each class has its own perks and advantages, but it's hard to compete against a Hunter with Moebius Quiver. Here's our favorite build for locking down the enemy team.
Destiny 2 Hunter Mayhem Build
This build is all about staying invisible and striking from the shadows. Running this, you'll very much be a support player to your team, using your Super to lock down the enemy team and debuffing them to take more damage.
Destiny 2 Mayhem Hunter Abilities
- Shadowshot: Moebius Quiver: Tether foes to a Void Anchor, weakening and suppressing them for you and your allies. Fire two volleys of three Void Arrows that seek nearby targets. Shadowshot makes targets volatile and deals increased damage to tethered targets. Defeating tethered targets creates Orbs of Power.
- Marksman's Dodge: Dodge to perform an evasive maneuver with a steady hand. Dodging automatically reloads your weapon.
- Snare Bomb: Throw a Smoke Bomb, which attaches to surfaces and pings enemy radar. Weakens targets on detonation.
- Void Wall: A grenade that creates a horizontal wall of burning Void Light.
Destiny 2 Mayhem Hunter Aspects
- Vanishing Step: Dodging makes you invisible.
- Trapper's Ambush: Activate Quickfall to spend your melee charge and dive to the ground, creating a large smoke cloud on impact, which then dissipates. Targets caught in the cloud are weakened, and allies are made invisible. Your Smoke Bomb makes nearby allies invisible when it attaches to nearby surfaces or targets.
Destiny 2 Mayhem Hunter Fragments
- Echo of Undermining: Your Void grenades weaken targets. (-20 Discipline)
- Echo of Leeching: Melee final blows start health regeneration for you and nearby allies. (+10 Resilience)
- Echo of Remnants: Your lingering grenade effects have increased duration.
Weapons are largely left up to your discretion. This build and the Mayhem mode are all about using abilities and Supers. That being said, there will be several windows during the match where you'll be left to rely on your chosen weapon. On that note, make sure to bring a Heavy weapon that can quickly dispatch enemies
Armor & Mods
- Graviton Forfeit: Improved invisibility.
- Orpheus Rig: Provides ability energy for each target tethered by Deadfall anchors. Moebius Quiver has an additional shot.
Since Lightfall removed a lot of Mods that impact the performance of abilities, options are limited. We do recommend Mods that increase aim down sight speed, reduce flinching while aiming down sights, and increase ready and stow speed.
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out Best Mayhem Build for Titans in Destiny 2 on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Best Mayhem Builds for Hunters in Destiny 2