Our Destiny 2 Bad Juju Quest Steps Guide walks you through exactly how-to obtain this exotic pulse rifle! We've got a full list of the quest steps, perks, ornaments, and a look at some tips and tricks on how-to get it as fast as possible.
Bad Juju Perks
- String of Curses (Intrinsic) - Kills refill the magazine, increase damage for a short duration, and grant Super energy based on the strength of String of Curses. Fires full-auto.
- Hammer-Forged Rifling (Barrel) - Durable ranged barrel. Increase range.
- Steady Rounds (Magazine) - This magazine is optimized for recoil control. Greatly increases stability. Slightly decreases range.
- Hip-Fire Grip (Trait) - Ergonomic grips that increase accuracy and stability when firing from the hip.
- Short-Action Stock (Stock) - This weapon is especially easy to grip. Greatly increases handling speed.
Bad Juju Ornaments
There are currently two ornaments available for Bad Juju that can be purchased from Tess Evervis at the Eververse.
Aurelian Decree (700 Silver)
Beast Magic (700 Silver)
Quest Step 1: Invitation from the Emperor
You receive an imperial invitation to behold a glorious gift crafted especially for you aboard the Leviathan.
Enter the Tribute Hall and speak to the Visage of Calus
To obtain the Invitation from the Emperor, all you need to do is go to the barge at Nessus and open up the treasure chest that is right next to Werner 99-40 that costs 5,000 Glimmer to open. Once you open this, you will receive the invitation. Make sure it's this exact chest, and not one of the ones on the front of the ship!
The Tribute Hall landing zone can be found right next to where you queue up for the Menagerie. Once you arrive, head to the big golden statue of Calus and approach it.
Calus has a deep and abiding admiration for your tenacity and endurance. As a small token of his affection, he has built this Tribute Hall for you to fill with trophies.
Of course, you'll have to earn those trophies...
Quest Step 2: Invitation from the Emperor (Complete a Bounty)
Calus built you a Tribute Hall. to fill it with trophies, you'll need to curry his favor.
Complete a bounty from the Visage of Calus in the Tribute Hall aboard the Leviathan.
Just grab all the bounties that the Visage has for you. Currently the one he has that seems the easiest is completing public events in the Dreaming City without dying. You only need to do two of these, so just play it safe and try to complete them as quickly as possible.
Quest Step 3: Invitation From the Emperor (Deliver a Boon of Opulence)
You earned a Boon of Opulence when you completed Calus's bounty note. Boons can be applied towards discounts on Tribute purchases.
Deliver the Boon of Opulence to the Visage of Calus in the Tribute Hall aboard the Leviathan.
You receive the Boon of Opulence for completing the bounty. Head back to Tribute Hall and go back to the Visage to turn it in. This will reward you with an item that discounts the cost of all tributes by 1%. You can continue turning in Boons of Opulence to increase the amount of discount you receive up to 80%.
Quest Step 4a: Invitation from the Emperor (Offer Tribute)
Offer up the tribute at an appropriate place for display within the Tribute Hall.
This one just has you placing the first of your tributes right behind the Visage of Calus.
Destiny Exotic Weapon Guides Coverage
- Destiny 2 Lumina Quest Steps Guide – How-to Obtain the Lumina Hand Cannon
- How-to Get the Outbreak Perfected Pulse Rifle Quest Steps Guide – Destiny 2
- Destiny 2: How-to Get the Thorn Hand Cannon – Quest Steps Guide
- Destiny 2: How-to Get The Last Word (Black Armory) – Quest Steps Guide
- How-to Get Sleeper Simulant – Quest Steps Guide (Exotic Linear Fusion Rifle) – Destiny 2 (Forsaken Update)
- How-to Get Ace of Spades – Quest Steps Guide (Exotic Hand Cannon) – Destiny 2 Forsaken
- How-to Get Wish-Ender – Quest Steps Guide (Exotic Bow) – Destiny 2 Forsaken
- How-to Get Malfeasance – Quest Steps Guide (Exotic Hand Cannon) – Destiny 2 Forsaken
- How-to Get The Chaperone – Quest Steps Guide (Exotic Shotgun) – Destiny 2 Forsaken
Quest Step 4b: Golden Hero
Fill the Tribute Hall aboard the Leviathan with proof of your exploits.
This requires you to complete the new triumphs that are connected to The Tribute Hall. You can find these under Tributes > Destinations > Minor > Tribute Hall. Each tribute requires you to complete one of these triumphs. They all revolve around wearing "Callus Themed Armor" that you've been collecting from the Menagerie. Go run Crucibles, Nightfalls, and Gambit to start gaining experience towards them. The more of the armor/weapons you equip, the faster you will obtain the xp.
The other way to obtain tributes is to purchase them from the Visage of Calus. This is also why the Boons of Opulence are useful, they reduce the cost of these tributes.
These are very expensive, so only do this if you are willing to pay for a speedier way to complete this quest and obtaining the weapon. Each one costs Glimmer, but they also have a secondary cost that is either Legendary Shards, Bright Dust, Dusklight Shards, Alkane Dust, Microphasic Datalattice, and Phaseglass Needles. The latter resources can be obtained by farming them on each of the planets. You can also head to The Tangled Shore and purchase resources and Glimmer for Legendary Shards at The Spider. If you've got a ton of shards burning a hole in your pocket, then this is going to be the fastest way to obtain enough Tributes to move forward in the quest.
You have to place 18 unique tributes to move onto the next step!
Quest Step 5: Pest Control
The Emperor requests your presence at his Visage in the Trophy Hall.
Talk to the Visage of Calus again, and he will have you go to the center of the Trophy Hall and engage with the green case. Doing this will unlock the mission you need to complete to obtain the weapon.
Quest Step 6: The Other Side
You can now jump into the mission, you might recognize this place as the Leviathan raid, only it has been completely shadowfied! You can do this with or without a fireteam, and it is apparently a pretty easy thing to complete. Keep killing enemies and making your way through the mission until you go up against Mant Yut, Born of the Hellmouth. Once you kill him, a portal will open up for you to jump into. You'll end up back at the Trophy Hall, and now instead of a skull in the glass case, there will be the Bad Juju! Just go up to the case and obtain your brand new exotic.