Mementos are a new item that help modify the appearance of your weapon in Destiny 2. In order to get your hands on these mementos, you will have to participate in playlist activities on your director. For now, it's just Gambit that drops Mementos is Destiny 2. However, activities such as Nightfalls and Trials of Osiris could also drop these Mementos as the current season progresses.
Related: What is an Origin Trait in Destiny 2
That said, there are a couple of things that you need to keep in mind when it comes to Mementos.
- These Mementos are one-time use consumables. Unlike shaders, they can just be used on one weapon. If you want to use a Memento on some other weapon, you will have to acquire another one for yourself.
- You can only hold one Memento type at any given point of time. For example, suppose you've got one Memento from Gambit. As long as this Memento is in your inventory, you won't receive another Memento from Gambit. The same will hold true for all the other activities that eventually start dropping Mementos.
- Memento drops are rare. But then again, wouldn't you really want to go the extra mile for that extra personalization option for your weapons?
These Mementos have three different levels as well:
- Tier 1: Unlock a tracker for the activity associated with the Memento. (Unlocks at weapon level 1)
- Tier 2: Unlock a title for the weapon. (Unlocks at weapon level 20)
- Tier 3: Unlock a shader. (Unlocks at weapon level 30)
And that's all we have about Mementos in Destiny 2. Do check out Destiny 2: How to complete The Temple of the Cunning only on Pro Game Guides.