Sharing games between friends is like sharing a Netflix account - it works, but no one knows for how long. That's the case with Diablo 4, where many friends asked me if game-sharing Diablo 4 is possible on PC, Xbox, and PS5. While sharing the game during the beta period was doable, is that the case with Diablo 4?
Can you game share Diablo IV?
Yes, you can game share Diablo 4 with your family and friends! Here's how you can do it on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. It's also important to add that game sharing is 100% legal, and you're not doing anything wrong. If you encounter the "Your account is currently locked" error, don't worry, it's unrelated to your game sharing Diablo 4 escapades.
How to game share Diablo IV on PC
It's possible to game share Diablo 4 on PC, but there is a catch. To give someone else an opportunity to play the game, you must install your Battle.net account on that friend's PC. After that, you just need to download Diablo 4 and start the game. Now let's get back to that catch. You can only play the game while the original owner is offline, as you can't have the game active on two PCs simultaneously.
This means you can share the game with a friend but can't play together. Also, only share your credentials with persons you trust, as there is a security risk with sharing your personal information with others.
Related: Can you play Diablo 4 solo?
How to game share Diablo IV on Xbox
It's possible to game share Diablo 4 on Xbox, and here's how:
- Head to the Guide menu.
- Select the Settings option.
- Select the General option.
- Find the Personalization option.
- Under the My home Xbox option, activate the Make this my home Xbox option.
Now you're halfway done game sharing Diablo on Xbox! After the Xbox setup, the next step is to activate game sharing on another Xbox you want to share your Diablo game.
- Go to the Guide menu.
- Select the Profile & System option.
- Choose the Add new option.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account on Xbox, from which you'll share Diablo 4.
- Select the Xbox profile that is the owner of the game.
- Download Diablo 4.
- Switch to the profile of the owner of the second Xbox.
- Head to Battle.net via PC or mobile app.
- Connect your Xbox account to Diablo 4.
- Launch the game and defeat Lilith!
How to game share Diablo IV on PS5 & PS4
It's possible to game share Diablo 4 on PlayStation and even between PS5 and PS4. Here's how to do it:
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Users and Accounts option.
- Select the Other option.
- Enable the Console Sharing and Offline Play option.
- Create the account on PlayStation with which you wish to share Diablo 4.
- Download Diablo 4.
- Switch to the account your friend will use.
- Ensure your PlayStation Plus subscription is active, as Diablo 4 is an online game.
- Connect your Battle.net account to your PSN account.
- Start the game.
For more information on Diablo 4, check out Diablo 4 skip campaign option, explained on Pro Game Guides.