Digimon Survive has pretty tough battles, and you’ll never be able to win them if you don’t evolve your Digimons. Here’s everything you need to know about digivolution in Digimon Survive.
How to Digivolve in Digimon Survive
There are two ways to digivolve Digimon in this game:
- If they’re a partner Digimon, like Agumon, they can digivolve (and undigivolve) mid-battle.
- Digimon that you recruit can only digivolve with the power of slabs.
How does digivolution work for partner Digimon?
Partner Digimon can digivolve—and undigivolve—whenever they want mid-battle. Just make sure that you have the specified amount of SP needed to maintain that particular form every turn or the Digimon will automatically go back to their rookie form.
In the example above, keeping Agumon in its moral champion form, Greymon, will consume five SP every turn. Agumon's digivolution line is dependent on your dominant karma at selected points in the story.
The others are dependent on how high your affinity levels with them are. Mini events will be available in a place called Deep Woods once your get far enough into the story with high affinity levels with the people in your team.
You can undigivolve the mon into their rookie form anytime to conserve SP. Moreover, a partner rookie that ends their turn without doing anything (no moves, no attacks, no items) will automatically regain a significant amount of SP before the next cycle.
How to digivolve other Digimon in Digimon Survive
For recruitable Digimons, like Patamon, you need an Enlightenment Slab to (permanently) digivolve them.
Once you have your Enlightenment Slab, the digivolution process is pretty simple:
- Open your menu and go to Status.
- Select the Digimon you want to digivolve.
- Move to the Evolution tab.
- Select the Digimon you want to digivolve them into.
They can't go back to their previous forms like your partner Digimons, so choose your paths wisely! It’s usually one type of a particular slab per digivolution.
Every rookie-level Digimon has multiple branches to digivolve into. It’s good to befriend more than one of the same type, especially if you’re gunning for specific ultimate or mega Digimon that branch off from the same line.
Where to find Enlightenment Slabs?
Enlightenment Slabs are usually:
- Dropped by Leomon, Kabuterimon, MagnaAngemon, and GranKuwagamon after a successful talk
- Sometimes found in chests during Shadow Battles
- Sometimes gained as a reward in battles and mini-events that occur after problems are resolved in Free Action and Exploration
When you get to a high enough affinity with some of your companions, you can also earn slabs from the mini-events that come with them.
For more help with Digimon Survive, take a look at some of our other posts here at Pro Game Guides.