Pistols in Fortnite: Battle Royale are one of the most largely overlooked weapons in the game. From the regular pistol, all the way to the hand cannon, our guide is going to take you through the ins-and-outs of these potentially powerful weapon in hopes of increasing your pistol proficiency!
Fortnite Current Pistol List
There are currently four different pistols with a variety of different rarities at the moment. The pistol and the revolver are the most common, where as the suppressed pistol and hand cannon are the most rare. The pistol and the suppressed pistol both use small ammunition, the revolver uses medium ammo, and the hand cannon uses heavy!
- Dual Pistols
- Suppressed Pistol
- Hand Cannon
More of Our Fortnite Tip Guides
Fortnite Pistol Damage & Headshot Damage Stats
Pistols have a 2x damage multiplier and have First Shot Accuracy (if you hold ads and stand still your crosshairs will come together and that next shot will be 100% accurate as long as you don't move).
A new addition to the game, the pistols fire at the same time but don't have the ability for first shot accuracy. A bit RNG-ish due to bloom, but can be quite powerful. They use medium ammo.
- Dual Pistol (Epic) - 41 to the body, 82 head shot damage.
- Dual Pistol (Legendary) - 43 to the body, 86 head shot damage.
Largely regarded as one of the worst guns in Fortnite. You are never happy to see one of these as your first weapon, but it is usually better than a suppressed smg, crossbow, or minigun.
- Pistol (Common) - 23 to the body, 46 head shot damage.
- Pistol (Uncommon) - 24 to the body, 48 head shot damage.
- Pistol (Rare) - 25 to the body, 50 head shot damage.
The revolver is a pretty skill intensive weapon and requires extreme accuracy to be functional. However, it did get a lot better with the first shot accuracy update which allows you to hit head shots much easier if you get enough time to take the shot.
- Revolver (Common) - 54 to the body, 108 head shot damage.
- Revolver (Uncommon) - 57 to the body, 114 head shot damage.
- Revolver (Rare) - 60 to the body, 120 head shot damage.
A bit of an underrated gun in my eyes, if you have a pretty weak loadout, this can compliment it in a pinch as a second or third option. It shoots quite quickly, and is a lot more accurate than the standard pistol.
- Suppressed Pistol (Epic) - 26 to the body, 52 head shot damage.
- Suppressed Pistol (Legendary) - 28 to the body, 56 head shot damage.
Hand Cannon Stats
A gun that was very good in the right hands previously, but is now a whole lot better due to the first shot accuracy update. The hand cannon can one-shot people at 150 hp with a head shot, which is going to be the hp of the majority of people you face. This can do quite a bit of damage at distance as well, it's a great option for leading off your shot against an opponent that might be standing still.
- Hand Cannon (Epic) - 75 to the body, 150 head shot damage.
- Hand Cannon (Legendary) - 78 to the body, 156 head shot damage.
Fortnite Pistol Tips & Tricks
I've grouped up the pistols where I feel like they mostly overlap. However, the suppressed pistol and the hand cannon are the far superior guns.
Pistol & Suppressed Pistol Tips
- If you have the option of a common pistol vs. a suppressed smg, then go for the pistol. It shoots WAY quicker, and you are favored to win this fight. You are also likely going to be favored in most pistol battles, and also pretty even up close against an assault rifle!
- Kind of obvious, but always aim at the head. You aren't going to finish people off quick and win against a shotgun if you aren't hitting head shots. A body shot and two head shots will finish a 100 hp enemy in the beginning of the game with a gray pistol. This will be a common scenario if you play a lot, so get used to using the pistol if you have a chance.
Revolver & Hand Cannon Tips
- Be very deliberate with your shot because you have a pretty significant delay between shots. You might only get one shot with one of these if you are in a close range battle.
- Try to take advantage of the first shot accuracy as much as possible. Both of these guns do a significant amount of damage to the head, so unless you know the person is injured that should be where you are aiming.
- While you won't get a fully accurate shot, try to sneak out of cover and snap off a shot if possible. You are essentially using these like a shotgun that has better range.
- The hand cannon does quite a bit of damage at a distance, so if you have time to line up your shot then go for it. You can use it almost like a sniper rifle in some cases, and then switch to your assault rifle to finish. I like to run the hand cannon as a third option if I don't have a hunting or sniping rifle. It's actually one of the more fun weapons just due to the sound and ability to one shot people to head head.