If you've been enjoying Risk of Rain 2 then you have a lot of things to look forward to in the upcoming months! The team behind the game released an early access forecast/roadmap that details what they will be working on in the near future and it looks pretty exciting. There will be a new survivor, stage, boss, items, equipment, and more coming as early as June!
Into the summer and following seasons there will be a lot more of stuff being added, but also skills will be getting an upgrade and they will be adding artifacts in the winter. They will also be looking to localize the game for players all around the world, updating Gilded Coast to make it more rewarding, and making more bug fixes along the way! Check out the full look at the information below.
It has been nearly 1 month since we launched Risk of Rain 2 in Early Access, and I think we can safely say it has been a crazy time for us. We have lots of exciting news that we will be sharing - lets dive in!
NOTE: Developer Thoughts is a way for us to touch base with the community - consider these to be candid thoughts from the development team. We will be breaking down our thoughts into Major and Minor Points, along with things we have been working on internally. A lot of these are community suggestions coming from emails, Discord, Twitter and other sources - thank you all again for being so active in the Risk of Rain 2 community!===**Major Points**===
• Content Roadmap - players understandably wanted to know the cadence and size of content updates throughout Early Access, and we hope the “forecast” image matches those wants. We will provide details about specific updates as we get closer to their respective release.
• Official Localization - it has been inspiring to see community localization efforts and a playerbase around the world, so we’re working on adding official localization in the next patch
• Gilded Coast is unclear and unrewarding to most players.
• Game stutters when picking up items for the first time.
• Some players are still being affected by save file corruption, especially if the game shuts down unexpectedly via crash or power issues.
• Noting some players having trouble readying up in multiplayer and private games.
• Noting sometimes settings are reset after closing and relaunching the game.===**Minor Points**===
• The changes made to blazing affixed monsters seem to be positive and feel more balanced.
• The changes made to freezing affixes are welcome - a good sign!
• Some users are still getting really low performance, while some are not.
• Noting the Mercenary sometimes launches Greater Wisps / Brass Contraptions into space.
• Noting players want the number of Stages Complete displayed on the HUD.
• Noting general feedback about drone / TC-280 AI needing to be improved.
• Noting players want to include the Engineer turret damage into the end report screen.
• The game should ideally keep the difficulty that was chosen in the character select for the next run.
• Noting player thoughts about specific white items (APR Rounds, Medkit, etc) feeling weak. Will have to make sure the game isn't slowly power creeped by continually buffing underperforming items.
• Specific controller setups are missing glyphs.===**Stuff we are working on**===
• Our first content update!
• Official Language support for French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
• Updating the Director to make sure monsters don't stop spawning late into the game.
• Preventing monsters and bosses from spawning behind closed gates on certain stages.
• Pinging issues.
• Gesture of the Drowned firing equipment every frame.
• Wake of Vultures granting weird overshields.
As always, please let us know if we missed anything! We are really excited to support our international fans, and we hope that the localization efforts are a good start. We also hope the Roadmap matches everyone's expectations - please let us know if it missed the mark. We intend the Roadmap to be an active part of development, and will be updating it as we get closer to major milestones. Again, thank you all so much for the amazing support over the first month!
-Hopoo Games Team