In Sifu, players can choose from a wide range of skills to play with, but while most look really cool, some are pointless in the early stages. Luckily, we've found the best skills to start with through trial and error.
From most important to least important, here are the skills you need to start with:
- Weapon Catch - Parry at the right moment to catch an item thrown at you.
- A lot of things are thrown at you by your enemies. When you cannot catch these, it's like having your health taken away for no reason.
- Environmental Mastery - Throw an item, weapon, or object directly from the ground.
- Surviving in Sifu will require you to move around the environment. After you have this, you will be glad that so many things are on the ground. This will help you catch your opponents off guard.
- Pushback Cancel - When pushed, regain your balance.
- Being pushed and falling to the ground is an easy way to end up absolutely wrecked. This helps prevent that from happening.
- Ground Counter - While on the ground, parry to counter your enemy's attack.
- When you are on the ground, your enemies will attack you one by one. This is an excellent strategy for reversing the situation.
Related: How to replay levels in Sifu
All of these seem like they should already be in the player's arsenal, but they aren't. Getting these permanently unlocked should be your priority before getting any other skill. It is best to play the first level multiple times to get all of them before moving on.
For more news, guides, and info on Sifu, Pro Game Guides has you covered!