Sims 2 has detailed storytelling, and Sims 3 has open-world functionality, but neither matches the possibilities with Sims 4 build mode. Sims 4 blows its predecessors out of the water, from walls to furniture, when constructing a dream home for your Sims. Here are some of the best Sims 4 build cheats, so you can pop on your construction hat and get to building.
Best Sims 4 build cheats
The first step to cheating is to open the cheat console. To do this, press SHIFT + CTRL + C (or CONTROL + SHIFT + C if you're playing on a Mac), and the console should appear at the top of your screen.
You'll also need to enable cheats for the below codes. For Sims 4, simply type testingcheats true and hit enter. Now it's time to put in your build cheats!
Build mode cheats
- bb.enablefreebuild – allows you to build on previously locked lots like the hospital.
- bb.showhiddenobjects – opens up the buy debug menu. These are decorations and objects that EA uses to build but are not typically accessible for players. Use this cheat to find plates, plant seeds, and more.
- bb.showliveeditobjects – allows you to use outside objects like trees and fences that are in the world, but not typically available in gameplay.
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement – lets you buy any object that is typically locked behind a career or aspiration wall. Perfect for if you really, really want a door that looks like a bookshelf.
- bb.moveobjects on/off – enables free object placement, so that item placement is not restrained by the typical amount of items per square rules.
- freerealestate on/off – turns off the sale price of lots and houses so that you can move into a mansion right off the bat.