If you have always wanted your cat or dog in The Sims 4 to actually be members of the household, look no further than the Playable Pets mod! You can now fully control your pets in the game to add a deeper level of immersion.
How to download the Playable Pets mod for Sims 4
Here's how you download the Playable Pets mod for your own game:
- Go to the Sims 4 Studio forum to find the mod and download link page.
- Find the blue DOWNLOAD button at the center of the bottom of the screen and click on it.
- Clicking this will bring you to a new tab that loads the .zip file. Click download again.
- After downloading the .zip file, extract the files to move to the mods folder.
- The path to find the mods folder is This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods. Put the files in the mods folder.
- If you want, you can put them in a new folder for labeling. For example, Mods > Playable Pets. Do not put any new folders in the Playable Pets folder, since mods only work one folder deep.
- Open your Sims 4 game, and make sure that Custom Content and Script Mods are enabled in Game Options. If they were not before, restart the game after saving.
- You're good to play now!
What is in the Playable Pets mod for Sims 4?
Playable Pets is a mod for The Sims 4 that works as long as the player has the base game and Cats & Dogs installed. Currently, without modifications, players cannot actually control pets in their households. This mod gives players the ability to click on, control, and basically be their pets. This makes training, hygiene, happiness, and easier to gauge for your furry friends.
Want to find some more great mods for your Sims 4 game? Check out Best Sims 4 Mods in 2022 on Pro Game Guides.