In The Walking Dead - Road to Survival, S-class characters are the strongest in the game! With their boosted stats, enhanced abilities and overwhelming power they are the must have characters in this vast post apocalyptic world. To get these powerful characters it takes time, energy and a little bit of knowledge on the best ways to earn them. This How-to guide will help you acquire these strong toons for free!
How-To Get S-Class Characters for Free
Firstly, you need to understand that nearly every S-Class character (toon) requires you to collect two of their 5* versions, max out their level and tier, and then exchange the two maxed out toons and 6000 of their personal ‘shards’ to get the S-Class version. The 5*, 6* and very rarely the S-Class versions can be directly pulled from a promotion wheel, but the odds are so small that it’s better to save your coins for guaranteed value. You are able to earn coins, the premium currency in the game by increasing your player level, beating new world areas, completing other game offers, ranking high in the arena function of the game or placing well in your end of the week league. These coins can be saved and can be an important component to earning your free S-Class character.
5 Ways to Earn S-Class Characters
Every S-Class toon needs a certain number of said character's ‘shards’ to be collected. There are a number of free ways to earn these shards. A quick tip when collecting S-Class toons, focus on one toon at a time, otherwise you will have many half finished characters, that are significantly weaker than their S-Class version.
- The torch roadmap is a two part daily roadmap which reward 30 and 130 S-Class choice boxes respectively, featuring a limited number of S-Class character shards. This roadmap is composed of two acts, the first act rewards an S-Class choice box containing 30 shards upon completion and uses normal energy. The second act requires 166 torches to complete, but rewards you with a choice box of 130 S-Class items. These torches can be collected from reaching specific milestones in different events ranging from, raids, level ups, hordes, onslaught, war and survival road. You can also use your coins in the store to purchase torches. Do not use your torches on Act 2 unless you have enough to complete the whole roadmap, otherwise you will not be able to earn the reward.
- S-Class toons can also be earned through overall ranking in various events. Raids, Survival Road, Onslaught, Hordes, War and Level-up, solo or faction can reward players with a flat amount of S-Class items. First place in a solo event can reward the player with up to 2000 S-Class items which is equal to a single 5* version of an S-Class toon. Lower rankings reward a smaller amount of S-Class items. Faction events can reward all members of the faction with up to 1400 S class items. Rank rewards have the best value of S-Class items but to place high you need to save resources, which may mean saving for a few events before going for first. Make sure you are in an active and competitive faction to earn more faction rewards. Inactive factions prevent you from earning as many S-Class items and will limit your ability to succeed.
- Faction Territory events can also reward high amounts of S-Class items. By holding a 6* limited territory for 2 hours, everyone in your faction will be rewarded with 50 S-Class items or similar amount. These territories may reward another currency, but S-Class items are common as a two hour reward and as a final holding reward. The final holding reward can range from 200-400 S-Class items of a specific toon and are rewarded to the faction who is holding the territory at the end of the event. Torches for the torch roadmap are sometimes offered in this event as well, offering an indirect way to earn S-Class shards.
- The Champions Arena which is the end of the week arena, also rewards players with S-Class items in a choice box. These choice boxes are awarded to the players who rank high in the last arena of the week. First place can earn up to 12 choice boxes that contain either 3 veteran rings or 25 S-Class items of a limited number of S-Class characters. This is not the most efficient way to earn your S-Class toon, but it can help supplement your growing collection.
- Lastly, on returning S-Class fighters to the promotion wheel - for every 20 opens on the featured S-Class fighter, you will be rewarded with 200 S-Class shards of that character. This guaranteed collectible can be redeemed 6 times, limiting the number of guaranteed S-Class shards to 1200. This is a great 100% method of obtaining the shards you want, but this method costs 24,600 coins to acquire. New S-Class fighters brought to the promotion wheel gives you a guaranteed 5* version of the S-Class toon after 100 pulls on the wheel. This is equal to gaining 2000 shards of the toon, on top of having the chance to pull additional S-Class shards from the promotion wheel itself and the character - this method can help you fast track to the toon you desire, but it can cost a lot of coins.
S-Class characters are the newest toons to the game and are slowly, but surely becoming the gold standard among teams. Earn your way to the top and collect these powerful fighters to boost your strength.