Among Us is still as popular as ever, and we think it'll stay like this for a very long time, especially if with some of the changes they wish to implement. Innersloth doesn't have a roadmap for the long haul, but they do have smaller ones, so the massive community behind Among Us has some idea what may be coming in the future.
Among Us July 7 Patch Notes
- Added vent cleaning task. Cleaning the vent will prevent any impostors from using that specific vent, but Impostors can still use other vents and the vent will be usable once it’s cleaned. If an Impostor is already camping out in a vent and then you start cleaning that vent, it’ll boot them out with a dramatic sound and you’ll see who it is.
- New languages. Traditional and Simplified Chinese and Irish localization added.
- Getting stuck in place after a meeting is fixed. This was the biggest issue with the latest update, so run free now!! Be free beans!!
- Scaling on "SHH" screen fixed. YES I read your comments on the SHH screen. The absolute hate that poor screen got, my goodness. I had to give it 3 tubs of ice cream to feel better. It’s okay though, the world is aligned once again, the proportions have been fixed after it got weirdly borked.
- Geoff eyepatch is now (sadly) back to being a mask.
- Clouds in the Airship no longer move in the wrong direction. No more backwards progress! Onward!
- Upload Data phone colors fixed. I have no clever caption for this.
- All major buttons are now localized. Yeah I’m really running out of fun ways to make this content interesting.
- Other minor visual and localization bug fixes. Our programming and QA team did a really great job please give them a psychic high five.
- Wizard hat still missing. Still casting an invisibility spell. Working on finding it, sorry!
- 4:3 resolution still needs to be scaled. That’ll be addressed.
- And quite a few others, but those are the biggest ones I’ll list out.
Among Us June 15 Patch Notes
- 15 Player Lobbies Out Now!
- An improved art style (subtle, but cleaner and easier for us to animate) - 4K BEAN GRAPHICS ARE THE FUTURE.
- 6 brand new colors: Tan, Gray, Banana, Rose, Maroon, and Coral -- I have seen absolute blood baths in the comments section of people claiming Rose and Banana for their mains. Be safe out there. The pastel stans are thirsty for their cute colours, and rightfully so. (Also I know these colours are not super colourblind friendly - we want to move away from colours being the main way people identify Crewmates, so hang tight!).
- A new kill screen meeting menu that indicates who died between rounds -- Yeah that’s right I know you don’t keep track of who dies!! This is a call out to you Steve. (I don’t know a Steve but whoever is named Steve must be really freaked out right now.).
- Ability to honk horn added to The Airship If you have the "Stabilize Steering" task, bop the horn to honk it. Most impotant update in my humble opinion.
- The shop works in multiple languages again.
- Right Hand Man skin kill animation makes the WEEEEH sound again.
- Kick/Ban icon remains persistent on screen if chat is open after voting ends.
- Made it more clear you can change the chat type (Free Chat VS Quick Chat) in the game settings if you are logged in.
- Various localization fixes.
- Players will stop moving when meetings are called.
Among Us April 12 Patch Notes
- Account login flow significantly reworked.
- Multiple users can now log in to the same device (no more MismatchedProductUserIDs error).
- Missing skins from Airship Bundle should be fixed.
- Text graphical update.
- Updated translations.
- Setting an invalid birthdate no longer makes account initialization fail.
- Sabotage menu no longer replaces minimap for Impostors.
- Room names are now consistently layered on the map.
- Develop Photos task does not finish instantly.
- Comms sabotage can no longer be repaired by ghosts, Impostors can now repair.
- Other various bug fixes.
Among Us March 31 Patch Notes
- Hop onto the newest Among Us map - the Airship! Out now on all platforms, work together on this airship to carry out the greatest plan... though whether that’s as a Crewmate or Impostor is another question.
Among Us March 5 Patch Notes
- We’ve just added Quickchat (version 2021.2.21) - this is an easier, faster and safer option to play if you’re using text chat! There will still be an options for free chat (toggle it On/Off in Settings), and if you’re under the legal age limit you’ll have Quickchat for you.
- Blank screen when creating a new room.
- Players unable to find any lobbies in the public list.
- Age gate for Quickchat is 13+.
- Black screen in lobbies and creating games.
- Desync issues should be fixed when everyone in the game is updated to the latest version. However we’re waiting on approval from the store for iOS, so there may be some people in public lobbies that still have the old version.