Our Apex Legends Octane Guide will detail everything we know about this new character. We've got information on his release date, how-to unlock him, his abilities, wallpapers, and will be adding a bunch of tips on how best to use him!
Octane appears to be kind of your run of the mill post-apocalyptic style of character that is reminiscent of Junkrat from Overwatch, or straight off the cover of Borderlands 2. He also has an element of Bane from Batman in him, particularly if the leaks are true and the character uses stim-packs and has tubes running into his body. His lore points to him being something of an adrenaline junkie, which explains why his ultimate vaults you into the air with no regard!
Octane Release Date
Octane was released on March 19th, 2019 at 10am PST!
How-to Unlock Octane
Octane can be unlocked the same way as Caustic and Mirage. He is purchasable for 750 Apex Coins or 12,000 Legend Tokens! He is not attached to the Season 1 Battle Pass.
Octane Character Information
“Whoa . . . what a rush!”
The Adrenaline Junkie
One day, Octavio Silva was bored. In fact, he was bored most days. Heir to the preoccupied CEOs of Silva Pharmaceuticals and wanting for nothing in life, he entertained himself by performing death-defying stunts and posting holovids of them for his fans to gawk over. So, this day, he decided to set the course record for a nearby Gauntlet by launching himself across the finish line – using a grenade.
As he lay in triage hours later, the doctors informed him that the damage done to his legs meant his daredevil days were over. That didn’t sit well with Octavio, who turned to an old friend for help: Ajay Che, who he guilted into forging an order to replace his legs with bionic ones. Suddenly able to repair his limbs at a moment’s notice, Octavio decided petty online stunts weren’t enough: the ultimate adrenaline rush, the Apex Games, was calling. Now, he’s going to become an Apex Champion doing the most incredible, death-defying moves anyone’s ever seen. Maybe in the arena, he won’t be so bored.
Apex Legends Legend Guides Coverage
- Apex Legends Wraith Guide – Tips, Abilities, Skins, & How-to Get the Wraith Heirloom Set!
- Apex Legends Wattson Guide – All Current Leaked Information, Abilities, Release Date
- Apex Legends Bangalore Guide – Tips, Abilities, & Skins!
- Apex Legends Bloodhound Guide – Tips, Abilities, & Skins!
- Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide – Tips, Abilities, & Skins!
- Apex Legends Mirage Guide – Tips, Abilities, Skins, & How-to Unlock!
- Apex Legends Gibraltar Guide – Tips, Abilities, & Skins!
- Apex Legends Caustic Guide – Tips, Abilities, Skins, & How-to Unlock!
- Apex Legends Lifeline Guide – Tips, Abilities, & Skins!
It looks like the leaks were true! Check out the official abilities below for Octane!
Passive Ability: Swift Mend
While not taking damage, Octane restores 1 health every 2 seconds.
This is an okay passive ability, I just don't think it's that great because the health regain is too low. It's decent in the early game where you might be low on meds, but it's not going to be all that great in a fight. You will likely be recharging shields and using medkits if you've been hit. You can't rely on a slow health regain to get you back to where you need to be.
Tactical Ability: Stim
Move 30% faster for 6 seconds. Costs health to use. While active, Octane is affected less by attacks that cause slowdown. 2 second recharge.
I like the idea of this ability, and the fact that it has a real cost when using it. It also combines nicely with the passive, so you can use it for travel and recover the lost health. This makes Octane a more aggressive Legend, and gives you a lot of chances for flanks without worrying about being slowed down. A bit of a little known fact is that guns that fire heavy ammo will slow you down when you are hit. This ability will lessen that issue if you are getting tagged by a heavy ammoed gun.
This ability has about a 2 second cooldown, so you can use it very frequently which makes it pretty strong.
Ultimate Ability: Launch Pad
Deployable jump pad that catapults players through the air. Takes 90 seconds to recharge.
This does not launch you as far as you'd think, it's more for when you are already engaging with an enemy and you need to get height on them or escape. The problem is that anyone can use this, so if you are being chased they will be following right behind you.
Octane Tips & Tricks
- Use your Stim ability pretty frequently, because it has a very short cooldown and you will recover the HP through your passive. This goes for when you are traveling around or are running in and out of battle.
- While under the influence of Stim it looks like one of your hands is occupied so you might not be able to aim down the sights. However, this isn't the case. You can aim as normal when using Stim.
- The Launch Pad ability is good for surprising enemies by quickly dropping it and jumping over them or on top of a hard to reach area. Using this is way faster than climbing over a wall, so you can surprise someone that is waiting for you to show up by climbing only to vault over the wall and fire down on top of them.
Here's a quick look at Octane's Legend skins that are currently available. I'll be posting more soon.
Here are some wallpapers you can use for your desktop of Octane!