Our Pathfinder Guide for Apex Legends walks you through the ins-and-outs of this highly mobile Legend. We've got information on its passive, abilities, grappling hook, ultimate, skins, and a bunch of tips to help you dominate with this character!
While Pathfinder's passive is kind of weak, he has two strong mobility options in the rest of his kit. His grappling hook ability gives him the ability to pull himself out of danger, or get a ton of momentum and traverse great distance very quickly. His ultimate is a great tool for getting to hard to reach areas and help his team set up in circles and dominate the high ground.
Pathfinder Character Information
“Losing isn't fun. That's why I don't do it.”
Pathfinder is the picture of optimism, despite his circumstances. A MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity) modified to specialize in location scouting and surveying, he booted up decades ago in an abandoned laboratory with no idea who created him or why. With only his MRVN designation to hint at his identity, Pathfinder set off in search of his creator.
Pathfinder has learned much in his travels since then (like how to make a mean Eastern Leviathan Stew) but hasn’t come any closer to finding his creator. Still, he’s never given up hope, and has joined the Apex Games to gain a following--and hopefully draw the attention of his maker. In the meantime, he remains enthusiastic and helpful, always ready to make new friends (then shoot them).
Pathfinder Voice Actor
Pathfinder is voiced by Chris Edgerly!
Apex Legends Legend Guides Coverage
- Apex Legends Wraith Guide – Tips, Abilities, Skins, & How-to Get the Wraith Heirloom Set!
- Apex Legends Wattson Guide – All Current Leaked Information, Abilities, Release Date
- Apex Legends Octane Guide – Abilities, Tips & Skins!
- Apex Legends Bangalore Guide – Tips, Abilities, & Skins!
- Apex Legends Bloodhound Guide – Tips, Abilities, & Skins!
- Apex Legends Mirage Guide – Tips, Abilities, Skins, & How-to Unlock!
- Apex Legends Gibraltar Guide – Tips, Abilities, & Skins!
- Apex Legends Caustic Guide – Tips, Abilities, Skins, & How-to Unlock!
- Apex Legends Lifeline Guide – Tips, Abilities, & Skins!
Tactical Ability: Grappling Hook
Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.
This ability is the key to being really good with Pathfinder. It's important to note that this Grappling Hook doesn't just jet you towards where you put the hook. This is more like a swing, and you can gain a bunch of momentum if you disengage from it while swinging forward.
Watch this video to learn how to best take advantage of the Grappling Hook:
Passive Ability: Insider Knowledge
Scan a survey beacon to reveal the ring’s next location.
Unfortunately, this is probably one of the weakest passives in the game. While knowing where the next ring is going to be located is nice, this will rarely help you enough to be worth going out of your way to find a survey beacon.
Ultimate Ability: Zipline Gun
Create a zipline for everyone to use.
Pathfinder's Zipline Gun is a pretty useful ultimate. You can place a zipline that can be used by you and your teammates to get to higher and hard to reach areas. This can also be used to traverse quickly through the map, and works to provide your team with a way to escape out of bad situations.
The placed zipline appears to remain for the entirety of the match. This is a relatively fast charging ultimate, so don't feel the need to conserve it for only ideal situations.
Pathfinder Tips & Tricks
- While you may have the ability of Widowmaker from Overwatch it should not be used the same. Rather then being directly pulled in the direction of the hook, you can use the point of contact as a pivot point to swing and gather momentum. You can then disengage from it so you can use that momentum to burst forward.
- You swing in the direction you are facing, use this to whip around a tree or other objects.
- Although the ability isn't the same as Widow, you still make an effective sniper. You can hook over to high areas and use that advantage to get easy shots on enemies. Once you are in trouble, you can hook yourself away from danger.
- Believe it or not, you can land your grapple on an enemy and pull them towards you! This has some limited usage, but it would be quite good to bring them closer to you while using a shotgun!
- If you're in a high area or you think you'll be heading down in a certain direction, it can be a good idea to set up the zipline prior to when you need it. The zipline lasts the entire match, so you won't have to worry about it disappearing. Doing this also makes it so you don't have to place it while you are in a panic during a fight.
- When on a zipline you can switch direction if you jump and turn the other direction. Ziplines can send you either up or down them, don't worry about if they are tilted dominantly in one direction.
- You can fire your weapon while on the zipline, so don't just travel on it like a sitting duck! If you are ziplining above enemies then consider throwing down grenades on top of them.
Take a look at some of the awesome cosmetics you can have for Pathfinder!
We've got some wallpapers of Pathfinder so you can dress up your desktop! They are both 1920x1080 in size, you can click to enlarge them.