Axie Infinity is a game about breeding & battling magical creatures called Axie. With the involvement of real-life money, every player wants a unique Axie that could set them apart from the competitors. You can make any two Axie breed by paying some love potions and 1 AXS as mating fees. While the initial breeding might look simple & easy, the rules get complex as you progress into the game.
Axie Infinity is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. People under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts.
What are Genes of Axie?
Before preparing to breed any two Axie, you should understand the concept of genes. Each Axie has six different body parts and has three types of genes associated with those parts.
- Dominant(D): 37.5% chance to pass this trait to offspring.
- Recessive (R1): 9.375% chance to pass this trait to offspring.
- Minor Recessive (R2): 3.125% chance to pass this trait to offspring
An offspring will receive the majority of the features from the dominant class of either parent with some mismatch of R1 & R2 genes. Sounds confusing right? Use the Breeding Calculator to show all the possible outcomes between any two breeding Axies.
How to Breed Two Axie?
Similar to the real-life world, breeding in Axie Infinity requires two mature Axie. To start breeding, follow the steps given below.
- Select the first Axie from your inventory and click on the "Breed" button adjacent to the sell icon.
- After clicking on the breed, a separate window will open requesting you to choose the second Axie.
- Pay the fees for breeding and start breeding.
What Is the Cost of Breeding?
Every breeding session requires a fee that the players need to pay to conduct a mating session. While the AXS fee is 1 for any breeding, the SLP or the number of smooth love potions will vary depending on the breed count of the Axie.
|Breed Count||SLP Rate|
After mating, you will receive the offspring in the form of an egg in your inventory. This egg will morph into an adult after five days.
Breeding Tips & Tricks
- While browsing for a new Axie from the marketplace, remember to buy an Axie with a low breed count as each axie can only breed seven times during its life span.
- An Axie with a 0 breed count is termed as virgin Axie and requires the least amount of love potions to breed.
- The offspring from the same parent cannot breed with each other and also not with their parents.
- Special gene features like the mystic and holiday are not transferable genes but random traits.
- If both the parents are of the same class, the offspring will be of the same type. Otherwise, it is 50-50 between both the class type of the parents.
Remember to have a vision about your baby Axie and try to predict it using the calculator to have a chance of replicating your idea. You mainly breed for stronger offsprings that will bring you profits by battling them against other stronger Axies. So try to create an offspring that has great offensive and defensive stats.
Playing or Investing in Axie Infinity involves financial risk. Neither the author nor Pro Game Guides are responsible for any financial decisions. We do not provide investment or financial advice. This guide only serves as an educational piece on Axie Infinity.
For more awesome guides, check out the Axie Infinity on Pro Game Guides.