Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is one of the most popular FPS titles and features a vast multiplayer experience. With a large number of players and online multiplayer, issues are more frequent than in a single-player title, especially with internet issues. This may leave you wondering how to fix these issues, including the HILLCAT error in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
How to fix the Modern Warfare 2 HILLCAT Error Code
This error code typically involves a problem with your internet connection or the Modern Warfare 2 servers. So, the first thing you should do to fix the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 HILLCAT error is check Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2's servers. If the servers are down, you can do nothing until they return online. However, if the servers are not down for MW2, you can try one of the solutions below.
- Check your Internet/Restart Router
- Perform a speed test on your internet. If your internet speed is low, you will experience lag or not be able to connect at all. We recommend restarting your router.
- Restart Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- Sometimes a simple restart of the game itself can solve the issue.
- Restart your PC/Console
- Sometimes restarting Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 isn't enough, and you may need to restart your platform.
- Uninstall Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Reinstall
- Like restarting the game, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling it will solve the problem.
- Verify Game Files/Check for Updates
- Verify that Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is up-to-date. Having an outdated version can lead to various errors appearing.
For more information on Call of Duty, check out How to fix Dev Error 11557 in MW2 & Warzone 2 and How to fix CoD MW2 DirectX Error – ‘DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error’ on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
MW2 Error Code HILLCAT – How to fix