Bungie has no shortage of ways to nab players' money in Destiny 2 and the Lightfall expansion is proving to be no different in that regard. The developer and publisher first implemented the idea of Boosts back in The Witch Queen and is doubling down. If you're not sure about spending your cash, we can help.
Should you boost your character in Destiny 2?
It's your money, but we advise holding onto it and not purchasing either of the boosts. The reasoning for this is simple: you've already played for the right to play the game, so why not actually play it? The biggest thing that the Boosts do is either give your character a set of high Power level gear or skips the Lightfall Campaign for an alt without any of the Triumphs of other rewards. Players will have a minimum of a year with the Lightfall campaign and the Power Level is only going to increase with each new Season that releases on a quarterly schedule.
Lightfall Character Boost - Destiny 2
- Appears when you hit soft cap with one character but haven't completed Lightfall.
- This boost provides the selected character with a set of high Power Level gear.
- This boost doesn't skip the campaign.
Lightfall Campaign Skip Boost - Destiny 2
- Appears when you complete Lightfall.
- Skips the Lightfall campaign for your selected character and unlocks Strand.
- This only includes a set of high Power Level gear if your main character has hit the soft cap.
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out What is a Pouka in Destiny 2? on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Destiny 2 Character Boost – Is it worth the price?