Bungie is getting creative with its weekly challenges during Season of the Haunted in Destiny 2. Week 4 introduced a new challenge, Burning Shame, that requires Guardians to complete "Sever - Shame" using only a Solar subclass and Solar, Kinetic, or Stasis weapons. Shame is the first mission in the weekly stories and should be available to all players with the Seasonal Artifact. With that out of the way, let's look at the optimal loadout for completing this challenge.
Best Loadout for Burning Shame
Guardians are free to mix and match anything in the following lists. These focus heavily on Solar weapons and keep Kinetics as an afterthought. Simply find a core weapon that agrees with you and build around that.
- Firefright - Legendary Auto Rifle
- Tears of Contrition - Legendary Scout Rifle
- Heritage - Legendary Shotgun
- Sunshot - Hand Cannon (Exotic)(Solar)
- Prometheus Lens - Fusion Rifle (Exotic)(Solar)
- Ticuu's Divination - Bow (Exotic)(Solar)
- Jotunn - Fusion Rifle (Exotic)(Solar)
- Trustee - Legendary Scout Rifle (Solar)
- Without Remorse - Legendary Shotgun (Solar)
- Duality - Shotgun (Exotic)(Solar)
- Sleeper Simulant - (Exotic)(Solar)
- Gjallarhorn - Rocket Launcher (Exotic)(Solar)
- Fixed Odds - Machine Gun (Solar)
This one is obvious but bears repeating due to its importance. Guardians must run a Solar subclass to complete this challenge. It can be any variation of Solar, but it must be Solar.
Sever - Shame Walkthrough
- After loading in, head forward and take the first left down the hallway.
- At the end of the hallway, look up and to the right. There will be a blue energy cylinder to shoot.
- Shooting the cylinder opens the door on the left. Head in and place the first Ritual Amplifier.
- Turn around and go back the way you came. Take a left when the hallway reaches a dead end
- The malfunctioning door will open and reveal another blue cylinder to shoot.
- Shoot the cylinder. Turn around, and the red tub will now be open. Proceed inside.
- Follow the minimap indicator to navigate the tubes. Once out, shoot the Egregore Spore and proceed into the next room. Slay all of the Cabal here.
- Speak with Crow and the Nightmare of Uldren.
- Head to the left and through the door. Activate the manual override.
- Turn around and proceed down the hallway. Take the right before the hallway ends. There will be a blue cylinder to shoot on the left wall.
- Shoot the blue cylinder, turn left, and shoot the Egregore Spore. Then, head back toward Crow and take the first right.
- Shoot the canister and crouch into the corridor.
- Set the second Ritual Amplifier.
- Follow the mini-map indicator and activate the first manual override.
- Avoid the unkillable Cabal and use the minimap to locate the other three manual overrides.
- One manual override will be behind an electric wall. Grab the wrench from the narrow corridor on the opposite side of the main room and bring it to the generator below the electric wall. This will disable it and give access to the manual override.
- After releasing the containment lockdown, slay the Scorn in the next room.
- Go through the next open doorway and shoot the blue cylinder on the left wall.
- Turn left and go through the newly opened door on the same wall.
- Place the Rally Banner and begin the ritual with Crow.
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out How to complete Sever – Forgiveness in Destiny 2 on Pro Game Guides.