Bungie continues to knock its storytelling out of the park week after week in Destiny 2's Season of the Haunted. This week, it's Empress Caiatl's turn to confront her nightmares in Sever - Rage.
How to unlock Sever - Rage in Destiny 2
To unlock the fifth mission in the Sever series, Rage, players will need the Season Pass and to have completed the first four missions: Shame, Reconciliation, Grief, and Forgiveness. All of these are part of the Bound in Sorrow questline. Week five in this overall quest begins at step 29:
- Return to Eris at the Crown of Sorrow in the H.E.L.M.
- Gather 500 Vestiges of Dread to power up your Nightmare Harvester.
- Complete tiers of the Nightmare Containment public event within the Derelict Leviathan and bind your Vestiges of Dread at the Nightmare Harvester after completing the final tier to create a Bound Presence
- Listen to the urgent message at the H.E.L.M.
- Find Empress Caiatl somewhere in the Underbelly of the Leviathan
- Eris requests your presence. Find her in the Sanctuary on the Moon
- Investigate the connection between the Derelict Leviathan and the Moon's Nightmares by completing the K1 Revelation Lost Sector in Sorrow's Harbor on the Moon
- Travel to the Pyramid deep in the Enduring Abyss, beneath the surface of the Moon
- Return to the H.E.L.M. to debrief with Eris
Sever - Rage Walkthrough
This week's mission flips the script a little bit and is a much-needed breath of fresh air thanks to it. Are you ready to get some revenge on that unkillable Cabal?
- After landing, proceed forward through the corridors, taking out each pocket of Cabal reinforcements you come across
- Drop down the hall and rendezvous with the friendly Cabal reinforcements
- Take out the combined Cabal and Scorn forces to proceed
- Set the first Ritual Amplifier
- Proceed through the doorway and jump over the electrified pit
- Head to the next room, turn around, and look above the doorway
- Shoot the two blue lights quickly, then head down into the now open pit
- Rather than head forward with your Cabal allies, head to the right and jump up into the doorway
- When the trap is sprung in the next room, look immediately to the right and shoot the blue light to open the door
- Pull the lever just inside the hall to unseal the immolation hallway
- Turn around and shoot the blue light once more to exit the room
- Back in the main room, ensure the unkillable Cabal is focused on you and head to the opposite side of the room you were just in
- Follow the hallway around and jump up to the platform
- Pull the switch to ignite the immolation hall and kill the unkillable
- Release the containment lockdown and rendezvous with your Cabal friends
- Plant the Rally Banner and show Ghaul what you've learned since your last encounter
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted Week 5 Seasonal Challenges on Pro Game Guides.