Befriending Fairy Godmother in Dreamlight Valley has its many perks. Not only does she help you start piecing together The Remembering, but she is another friend you can assign Companion Roles to, as well as complete quests to earn specially-themed rewards. These are my all-time favorite items to collect in the game, and Fairy Godmother's level 10 reward is the best yet! Here's how you can claim it for yourself by completing her quest, A Magical Moment.
What is the Giant Pumpkin in The Forgotten Lands for in Disney Dreamlight Valley?
Since The Remembering update and our first meeting with the Fairy Godmother, players might have noticed something growing in The Forgotten Lands. As you level up your Friendship with Fairy Godmother, you can see that it is slowly becoming a giant-sized pumpkin. Fairy Godmother will tell you that it will be a gift for you but doesn't give away exactly what it will become. You'll have to finish her Friendship Level 10 quest to see it become something much more fascinating—a Pumpkin Coach, much like she gave Cinderella to go to the Ball.
How to complete A Magical Moment quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley
Once you reach Friendship level 10 with Fairy Godmother, speak with her to begin her final quest, A Magical Moment. Fairy Godmother has been granting the Villagers wishes left and right, helping them overcome any issues that may arise and assisting them with all their cares and needs. After speaking to Fairy Godmother, head to Merlin to plot how you can show your appreciation for all her hard work. He will help you plan a Care Package gift for her, which you'll need to assemble at a Crafting Table.
You'll need the following items to craft her Care Package gift:
- Merlin's Book x1
- Mint Chocolate x1 ( Mint, Butter, Sugarcane, Cocoa Beans)
- Basket x1 (Fiber x6, Pink Hydrangea x1)
- White Impatiens x3 (Harvested from Forgotten Lands)
- Memento Memoria Potion x1
Some of these items you'll get from speaking to the Villagers. Merlin will give you the book, and Ursula will grant you the Memento Memoria Potion. Using the abovementioned ingredients, you can make Mint Chocolate at a Cooking Station and the Basket at a Crafting Table. Once you have all those items, you can also craft the Care Package at the Crafting Table.
Deliver the Care Package to Fairy Godmother along with an invitation to a special gathering that the Villagers are planning in her honor. You'll need to speak to Merlin again to prepare for this event. He'll need you to create a FairyTale Gazebo for the party.
For the Gazebo, you'll need the following items:
- Dry Wood x80 ( Harvested from Sunlit Plateau, Forgotten Lands, and Frosted Heights)
- Glass x30 (Sand x5, Coal x1)
- Fabric x10 ( Cotton x5, Coal x1)
- Yellow Daisies x9 (Harvested from Peaceful Meadow)
This may seem complicated, but there are some tips and tricks to get those materials more quickly.
- You can put out the green fires in The Forgotten Lands to collect extra glass or use your Pickaxe to destroy green sandstones on Dazzle Beach.
- To make some Fabric quickly, plant cotton and use a Miracle Growth Elixir to harvest it instantly. Plus, use a companion with the gardening role to harvest extras.
- Flowers should respawn in 30 minutes, as long as you harvest all current ones in the biome, so keep harvesting them as much as you can to get the daisies you need.
- For the Dry Wood, double-check Kristoff's shop to see if he's selling some; this will save you from having to harvest it all.
After crafting the FarityTale Gazebo in Dazzle Beach, the party will automatically begin. Take a photo with the attendees to finish this portion of the quest. Then Fairy Godmother will have you follow her back to The Forgotten Lands, where she has your special gift. She turns the giant pumpkin into a Pumpkin Coach, which you can now use as Furniture wherever you like in the Valley. And that concludes the Fairy Godmother Friendship quests!
Looking for more Pro Game Guides Disney Dreamlight Valley content? Check out our guides on How to get Moonstones in Disney Dreamlight Valley or Disney Dreamlight Valley Fairy Godmother Friendship Level 2 Quest – Fire Alarm Walkthrough!