Cryptids are various creatures based on urban myths and legends in Fallout 76, so if you are looking for these creatures to complete challenges, you will need to find the following creatures in the game.
- Grafton Monster
- Mega Sloth
- Flatwoods Monster
Overall, there is quite a list of monsters that fall under the cryptid category. However, some are a pain to find more than others, like with the Mothman or Flatwoods Monster.
Related: All Workshop Locations in Fallout 76
Because of this, we highly recommend searching the following locations for cryptids such as the Grafton Monster, Wendigo, and even the Snallygaster.
- Charleston Trainyard (Grafton Monster)
- Charleston Capitol Building near the dam (Grafton Monster)
- Charleston Capitol Building (Snallygaster)
- Free Range Event (Sheepsquatch)
- Grafton Day Event (Grafton Monster)
- Grafton (Grafton Monster)
- Primal Cuts Event (Grafton Monster, Sheepsquatch)
- Wendigo Cave ( Inside cave and towards the back, you can find a Wendigo often)
- Toxic Larry's Meat 'n Go (Snallygaster)
- Pylon V-13 (Snallygaster)
- Southern Belle Motel (Megasloth)
- Willard Corporate Housing (Wendigo)
- Garrahan Estate ( Wendigo)
- Lewisburg (outside of town Wendigo sometimes spawns)
- A Colossal Problem Event ( Wendigo)
Cryptids can often be a little annoying to find when you want to find them. Because of this, we recommend trying charleston as your first location to look for cryptids to kill, as both the Grafton monster and Snallgaster always spawn there.
But remember, if you find a location that doesn't have any cryptids try either server hopping with places like the wendigo cave, or check another location on the list.
Check out some of our other Fallout 76 guides!